Help!Help! Confused By AP div in Dream Weaver!

I am hoping that someone can help me. I am new to the field. I don’t know how to use Adobe Dream Weaver so that I can create text that will not move horizontally when the panel size (if that is what it is called) is changed manually. It could be panel size or size of the dialogue box. Please note that the text holds its Y position or vertical position. The text that I have is placed in an Ap div layer above another image that is also in an Ap div layer in a lower level. I was able to get Dream Weaver to keep the image in this lower layer to remain in one spot. It will not move horizontal or vertical even when you change the size of the dialogue box/ panel. However the text in the upper layers will move horizontally. :frowning: :confused:

Give the div with text an id and try the css below.

#divid{width:200px; display:block;"}
or
<div style="width:200px; display:block;"}
your text here
</div>

Hi Welcome to Sitepoint :slight_smile:

I wasn’t able to ascertain exactly what you wanted so if the above post is not what you were looking for then please provide a drawing or at least the html and css that you are using.

It is most likely that you shouldn’t be using absolute elements anyway and DW cannot be used to lay out pages in CSS unless you know how CSS works and what properties to use for the job in hand.

Usually pages are laid out with static positioning (no positioning) and only small amounts of absolute positioning where needed. Horizontal alignment is handled by floating elements.

If you have a drawing of what you want then we can tell you the best way to do it.:slight_smile: