HELP! I broke my site and I don't know how :-(

I just found out that my site has been broken for a few days (chrisblackwell.org). The problem is (and why I didn’t see it until now) it only breaks when I’m NOT logged in, only on a post page (an article page), and only in FireFox. I’ve checked it in both IE8 and Chrome and it works fine. I’ve never seen this kind of rendering bug.

I’ve attached a Chrome screenshot and a FireFox screenshot to show the difference.

Hi, the container is collapsing because of the floated elements, try giving “#wrapper” overflow:hidden; :slight_smile:

That got the background back, but the sidebar is still far below. Any ideas why this is only happening in FireFox? Even IE8 is rendering the page ok.

Would you use fixed positioning rather then floats for what I’m doing?

Hi, you nest <aside> inside of Content and I don’t think you meant that to happen.

Nest the <aside> and the clearing div outside of the Content element and it should line up now :slight_smile:

And no I wouldn’t :slight_smile:

I must be missing something that you are seeing. From viewing my own source I believe I’ve got the aside tag outside of the Content

</div>
	</article>

</section>
<aside>
	<div id="asideTop"></div>

The </section> is the end of Content

You have a missing closing p tag upsetting thing here:

from your own [B]site. </p>[/B]
            </footer>

Firebug showed it the way I described so … you are missing something, whether a missing close tag or whatnot :). Validate your code to find these things.

YOUR THE BEST!!! That was it! I was calling a php function and it wasn’t seeing the closing </p> I put it outside the loop and it fixed the problem. THANK YOU SO MUCH!