Help me with MSSQL Server database tables. Please!

I need help…

Here is my task that I have to do. Its allowed to use the internet for help. And Im stuck and I need help from you guys… :sunny: :wink:

Admin application for Kunstgalleriet
An art gallery in Oslo need a web application for their employees to be able to manage information about artists and their paintings and selling. Develop web application based on the specification and the screens below.

Note that parts of the submission task may require some exploration. Use in cases MSDN their websites actively and otherwise online resources you should find.

To create a MSSQL Server database that contains the following tables:

Employee: First, Last
Artist: First, Last, profile picture
Painting: Title, price, picture
Sales: must be in relation with Painting and Employee (which will then be selling in this context)

All tables should have id. The tables Painting and artist must be relational.

To create the following pages:

InnUtlogging.aspx: Side where an employee logs in or out
To add the correct user name and password in a class named User. Ie that in InnUtlogging.aspx.cs must create object of class User to check if the correct user name and password are entered. Let username be “username” and password “password”.
If the employee enters the wrong username or password shall be informed about this
If the employee entering the correct username and password he will be sent to KunstnerAdmin.aspx
KunstnerAdmin.aspx: Site where you can view, add new, delete and update artists
MaleriAdmin.aspx: Side where you view, add new, delete and update paintings
SalgAdmin.aspx: Side where employee records sales
SalgsOversiktAdmin.aspx: Side where you get to see the paintings sold and diverse information in the attachment

Other requirements for the solution:

Navigation Menu is an asp: Menu that is manually style set with CSS
All CSS must be hand coded and reside in an external style sheet
It should look as similar as possible what is shown by the screens below
All aspx pages should have a common Master Page
If employee trying to enter one of the admin pages without being seen, he automatically passed to InnUtlogging.aspx (hint: read about Response.Redirect with MSDN)
Logo will be a link that leads to KunstnerAdmin.aspx
There will be two entities per table in delivery and it can be assumed that there is data in all tables of the solution of the task
You can assume that employees have all images of paintings and artists available with them (download pictures from the web that you use in your solution)
You do not pay attention to whether employee can sign two identical entities

Hints:

One can check which side one is on the HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.AbsolutePath
One can obtain a clean filename with Path.GetFileName ()
Check if employee is logged should happen in the context of the Master Page’s master.cs file
Considering border on the top and bottom that will appear in the selected link in the navigation menu so feel free to use Firebug in Firefox or Tool-> Developer tools in the other browsers
Be sure to test all functionality to work correctly

OK, since this is obviously homework…what have you done so far? We’re not going to do your homework FOR you, but we will be glad to help you where needed.

oh, wow, that’s a new one!! and the other two tables can be non-relational?? just kidding

i have a feeling maybe this english version of your homework was produced by google translate… i’m a guess from swedish

I have created this "To create a MSSQL Server database that contains the following tables:

Employee: First, Last
Artist: First, Last, profile picture
Painting: Title, price, picture
Sales: must be in relation with Painting and Employee (which will then be selling in this context)

All tables should have id. The tables Painting and artist must be relational."

But I’m stuck with the rest :frowning:

Hahaha! Yes I translated it with google translate :stuck_out_tongue:
Are you from sweden? Then I can send you the non-english version too?? :stuck_out_tongue:

You would be better off asking in the .NET section.

Hi @helenehoie, that is a LOT of detail, can you elaborate on the current step you are stuck on. As taking it in as a whole is way too involved, but if there is a current task you are stuck on, maybe I can guide you in the right direction.

Ok. I will try to explain. (sorry if my english is bad)

"create the following pages:

InnUtlogging.aspx: Side where an employee logs in or out
To add the correct user name and password in a class named User. Ie that in InnUtlogging.aspx.cs must create object of class User to check if the correct user name and password are entered. Let username be “username” and password “password”.
If the employee enters the wrong username or password shall be informed about this
If the employee entering the correct username and password he will be sent to KunstnerAdmin.aspx
KunstnerAdmin.aspx: Site where you can view, add new, delete and update artists
MaleriAdmin.aspx: Side where you view, add new, delete and update paintings
SalgAdmin.aspx: Side where employee records sales
SalgsOversiktAdmin.aspx: Side where you get to see the paintings sold and diverse information in the attachment"

I can not figure out how to make loginform and how I will be able to link it up to the other pages to be created. Also I do not get .CS (design) of how it should look. I have pictures here that belongs to the task of how everything should look …

And yes I allowed to ask for help on the Internet. I am green of frustration soon. haha.

Hope you understand me?

Are you using MVC or any such framework?

Im not sure what you mean?

In .NET there is the ASP.NET MVC project, that automatically includes member related tasks (login, signup, etc). You can customize the pages to fit your needs and tie it to your database.

aah, nice! I will try that. But is it possible to make the other pages too?

The other pages are supposed to look like this: (My teacher sent me those pictures together with the assignment. )

Yes, using MVC will try to create some of the pages you need for you. You simply right click > Add new Page give it a name and it should help you do some of the work.

I cant find ASP.NET MVC 4 WEB APPLICATION in my visual studio… thats weird… :confused: is there a extension that I can download ?

What version of Visual Studio are you using?

You may want to take a look at http://www.asp.net/mvc

It may be as simple as Installing an Extension

2013 version…
:frowning:
I cant still figure it out… OMG!!
:cry:

It should be there - this is from the 2013 community edition.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.