Help needed, slightly off topic

Hiya folks,

Just wondering if I could use the knowledge of the forums again! I promise, when I see someone ask a question I know the answer too I’ll help out haha!

I have made a very basic site for a friend, and he has asked me to make a video type menu to display on TV’s around his bar showing drinks deals, upcoming events etc. I have had a look and the following would be perfect.

//youtu.be/QFOmZb5AvfE

Does anyone know the software use for this?

Any help would be appreciated as always :slight_smile:

Cheers

There are many softwares that can do this but you’d be surprised that many people uses Flash :slight_smile:

Hey Molona,

Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

I’m just wondering if you could let me know the other software capable of this? I think Flash is a little to complicated for me at the moment, is there something with the ease of powerpoint but with the effectiveness of Flash?

Cheers

If you don’t need it to be quite that fancy, you could just put up a JavaScript slideshow that automatically rotates, fades in, or slides in etc. There are many ready-to-use scripts available online, meaning that you just need some images to feed into the slideshow.

Thanks Ralph :slight_smile:

I’ll have a go at that and report back once done in case this thread helps anyone else out,

Cheers

Hey Ralph/Molona,

Managed to sort a basic video following your advice. Here’s the video and if it helps anyone else out;

//youtu.be/VHfOXtHd5JA

I made a JavaScript Slideshow and run it in Chrome, then used a screen capture software to create the AVI. I’m sure theres a better way to do this, but it worked for me,

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Seems fine to me. I forgot you said it had to run on TVs, so perhaps this is the best solution. “Simple” is often very effective. :slight_smile: