Help With A query/join in MySql

I Have an SQL problem. I have two tables of data in a database about cell phones. The first table lists a phones unique ID number, with the categories that the phone is listed in (phones usually listed in more than 1 category)

The second table contains the data on the phones, with the phones unique id number in the first column.

phone_categories

|phone_id | cat_id|

| 1 | 29 |
| 1 | 5 |
| 1 | 3 |
| 2 | 3 |
| 2 | 1 |
| 3 | 1 |
| 4 | 3 |
| 4 | 29 |

phone_data

|phone_id_num | phone_model | phone_name |

| 1 | Motorola | Milestone |
| 2 | Apple | iPhone |
| 3 | Samsung | Galaxy |
| 4 | HTC | Hero |

What I need is to be able to select such that I can get the data on all phones that are listed in both categories 3, and 29. The query below does a good job of filtering the data.

SELECT a.phone_id
FROM phone_categories a
WHERE a.cat_id
IN (
‘3’, ‘29’
)
GROUP BY a.phone_id
HAVING COUNT( a.phone_id ) =2
LIMIT 0 , 30

Gives the following results

phone_id

The filter part works fine. It returns only the id numbers of the phones that are in both category 3 and 39.

My problem…I need to join the 2 tables so that I can list out the selected data including the phone_data table. I am stumped. I have tried every join that I know, and I can’t get it to work. I am thinking that I am missing something obvious.

If you can set up this join, or If you know of another way to do filter the data please let me know.

SELECT
	p.phone_id_num,
	p.phone_model,
	p.phone_name
FROM 
	phone_data p 

INNER JOIN 
	phone_categories c 
ON 
	c.phone_id = p.phone_id_num 

WHERE 
	c.cat_id IN(3, 29)

Thanks Furicane,
I added the group & Count lines, and it worked like a charm. Now I may be able to sleep tonight…:slight_smile: