Help with changing buttons

I’d like to improve the looks of some buttons on a web page.
I believe the code with the current buttons is this:

document.writeln('<input type="button" name="reset_button" value="Reset" onClick="resetForm();">
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="button" id="upload_button" name="upload_button" value="Upload" onClick="uploadFiles();">');

Someone suggested:
"I would leave the existing buttons and add background images via CSS. Something like this:

style="background: url('/your_button_image.png') no-repeat"

However, I don’t know how to integrate this with the existing code.

Any additional help will be appreciated.

You don’t integrate CSS with JavaScript. They go in completely separate files. The CSS is attached into the page using a <link> tag agd the JavaScript is attached to the page using a <script> tag.

Thanks for your reply.
Maybe using the word ‘integrate’ is incorrect. I’m looking for help upgrading the existing buttons that appear within the current javascript code:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
<!--document.writeln('<input type="button" name="reset_button" value="Reset" onClick="resetForm();">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="button" id="upload_button" name="upload_button" value="Upload" onClick="uploadFiles();">');//--></script> 

Any additional guidance with this will be appreciated.

The point is, you can style buttons any way you like. In your stye sheet—

input[type="button"] {
    padding: 20px;
    border: none;
    color: #FFF;
    background: #F00;
    font-size: 2em;
    border-radius: 10px;
}

The concern is that, javascript isn’t essentially required for the changing buttons, you can prefer css instead like in following example:
http://jsfiddle.net/isdixit/svtD9/