Help with creating a magnifying menu

Hi there,

I would love some help with creating a Magnified Menu. I am not sure if this is the correct description. I have a small amount of web experience but an unable to create a feature that my client requires.

The feature can be seen here http://bergandwest.crudigital.com.au/ - if you click on the menu and then select a category a line of images will come up. When you roll over the images they will magnify and push the images left and right aside. This is the magnifying menu feature that I am looking to recreate for my client who is a photographer.

Even if anyone just knows what the feature is called? I would be happy to purchase the script if anyone knows anywhere i can do this either? thanks.

I don’t seem to see a menu. I just get a super-large background image of a person, with a floating plus symbol following the mouse.

Sorry, you have to click on PLUS symbol first and then the menu comes up (obviously this part isn’t very user friendly! - its only the magnification of the images part that I am after).

Oh yes, the effect is similar to that on the Macintosh task bar where there’s a smooth enlargement as the mouse passes over each item. I don’t know what that technique is called though.