Help with frontpage

Where in the HTML do I place this code when using Frontpage?

Thank you!:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Paul O’B;4440973]

#site_body_container {
    width: 100%;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    overflow:hidden;
[B]    clear:both[/B]
}

That will fix chrome and safari:)[/QUOTE]

Hi capete94,

Welcome to Sitepoint. :slight_smile:

You really should have started your own thread as I doubt very much that you will find a use for that snippet of code from someone else’s site.

I’m sorry but I don’t use frontpage so I don’t know it’s inner workings (except that everyone says to avoid it like the plague).:slight_smile:

The CSS actually goes in a CSS file and is attached to the document as explained in detail in the Sitepoint reference.

I’m guessing that frontpage would have some options for you to add, attach and edit css files but you’ll have to wait until a frontpage user comes along (which is why you should have started your own thread unless i’ve got the wrong end of the stick). In reality you should be learning to do this manually anyway otherwise you will never be able to fix any problems you run into.

Perhaps you can clarify the question a little and explain why you think you need that snippet of code above. :slight_smile:

well I used to use Frontpage but now use Dreamweaver this was a site I originally built with Frontpage and I have to say, I really dislike front page now. That being said, I need to figure out what to do her site looks fine in Explorer but pull it up in Chrome or Mozilla and is runs off the page UGGG! How do I start a new thread?

I’ve moved this to a new thread for you :slight_smile:

We’ll need to see your code and a link to the site if possible with a clear description of the problem. You won’t be able to post a link yet so leave off the http parts and obfuscate the .com part (e.g. dotcom not .com)

I need to figure out what to do her site looks fine in Explorer but pull it up in Chrome or Mozilla and is runs off the page UGGG!

Sound’s like your content is wider then your content container which makes it overflow.

wwwmaltaangelsmaltesedotcom is the site I built the page with a table and the table is expanding too big when opened in chrome or Firefox

Hi, get rid of all the inline width=“whatever%” in the HTML. You are setting way too many for me to go over all of them and figure out which one is causing this mess.

You shouldn’t be using tables to achieve this in the first place, and front page was so bad that even microsoft discontinued support for it.

Hi,

That page is probably beyond repair as there are just too many errors to fix but that’s probably not your fault as frontpage is renowned for this type of code.

The main cause of the wide table is that the links at the bottom have been strung together using the nobr attribute and using non breaking spaces which menas that all this links have no option but to be in one long single line.

<nobr>Home</nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Teacup_Maltese.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Teacup&nbsp;Maltese</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/pet_emergency_tips.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Pet&nbsp;911</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Puppies/index.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Maltese&nbsp;Puppies</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Puppy/puppy_feeding.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Puppy&nbsp;Feeding</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Puppy/puppy_stages.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Puppy&nbsp;Stages</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Puppies/puppy_gallery.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Puppy&nbsp;Gallery</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Maltese_Care.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Maltese&nbsp;Care</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Puppy/why_crate.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Why&nbsp;Crate</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Puppy/crate_training.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Crate&nbsp;Training</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Puppy/crate_traning_guidelines.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Crate&nbsp;Training&nbsp;Guide</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Puppy/crate_training_tips.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Crate&nbsp;Tips</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Puppy/chewing.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Chewing</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Retirees/index.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Maltese&nbsp;Retirees</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Champions/intro.htm" TARGET="_top" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Champions</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Champions/Now%20Showing/index.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Now&nbsp;Showing</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="about_us.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">About&nbsp;Us</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Links/index.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Maltese&nbsp;Links</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Links/Vet_Info.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Maltese&nbsp;Vet&nbsp;Links</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese%20Products/bling_bling.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Bling</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese%20Products/Pet_Urns.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Pet&nbsp;Urns</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese%20Products/Water_Bowls.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Water&nbsp;Bowls</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese%20Products/Fast_Track.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Fastrack</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese%20Products/Scamper_Ramp.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Scamper&nbsp;Ramp</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese%20Products/Oxy_Fresh.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Oxyfresh</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Grooming/index.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Grooming</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/maltese_tear_staining.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Tear&nbsp;Staining</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Dangerous_food_to_%20Dogs.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Dangerous&nbsp;Foods</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/first_aid.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">First&nbsp;Aid</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Puppy/puppy_proof_part_1.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Puppy&nbsp;Proof</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Maltese_Books.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Books</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="sitemap.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Site&nbsp;Map</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="AKC%20Information/limited_registration.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">AKC&nbsp;Limited&nbsp;Registration</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="AKC%20Information/maltese_standard.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Maltese&nbsp;Standard</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Champions/body.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Champions&nbsp;Intro</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="AKC%20Information/Show_Superintendents.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Superintendents</A></nobr>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<nobr><A HREF="Maltese%20Products/Maltese_Stuff.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Maltese&nbsp;Stuff</A></nobr>

Remove the spaces from those and the page will at least render normal width.

<nobr>Home</nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Teacup_Maltese.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Teacup Maltese</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/pet_emergency_tips.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Pet 911</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Puppies/index.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Maltese Puppies</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Puppy/puppy_feeding.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Puppy Feeding</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Puppy/puppy_stages.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Puppy Stages</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Puppies/puppy_gallery.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Puppy Gallery</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Maltese_Care.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Maltese Care</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Puppy/why_crate.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Why Crate</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Puppy/crate_training.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Crate Training</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Puppy/crate_traning_guidelines.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Crate Training Guide</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Puppy/crate_training_tips.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Crate Tips</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Puppy/chewing.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Chewing</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Retirees/index.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Maltese Retirees</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Champions/intro.htm" TARGET="_top" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Champions</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Champions/Now%20Showing/index.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Now Showing</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="about_us.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">About Us</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Links/index.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Maltese Links</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Links/Vet_Info.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Maltese Vet Links</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese%20Products/bling_bling.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Bling</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese%20Products/Pet_Urns.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Pet Urns</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese%20Products/Water_Bowls.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Water Bowls</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese%20Products/Fast_Track.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Fastrack</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese%20Products/Scamper_Ramp.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Scamper Ramp</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese%20Products/Oxy_Fresh.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Oxyfresh</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Grooming/index.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Grooming</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/maltese_tear_staining.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Tear Staining</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Dangerous_food_to_%20Dogs.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Dangerous Foods</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/first_aid.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">First Aid</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Puppy/puppy_proof_part_1.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Puppy Proof</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese_Care/Maltese_Books.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Books</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="sitemap.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Site Map</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="AKC%20Information/limited_registration.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">AKC Limited Registration</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="AKC%20Information/maltese_standard.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Maltese Standard</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Champions/body.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Champions Intro</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="AKC%20Information/Show_Superintendents.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Superintendents</A></nobr> | <nobr><A HREF="Maltese%20Products/Maltese_Stuff.htm" TARGET="" STYLE="{text-decoration: none;}">Maltese&nbsp;Stuff</A></nobr>

I won’t attempt to mention the other issues as there are far too many and would probably be unhelpful at this stage.