Help with illustration picture

Hello

As you can see the book inside the red circle…

I got a assignment to change the text completely on the book where it says “Dansk Opgaver 4 kl”. I know how to get rid of the text but i wanna be able to write in the same “style” or whatever you wanna call it.

I cant do it by just using mouse and brush tool… It dosent look good enough. How do illustrators do it?

/ Kevin

Picture:

How was the original version created? It looks like the coloring is watercolor, so the work was done by hand then scanned. In which case, you’ll want to draw the book, write in the text, then in your image editor, add the color to the book, then copy/paste it over the existing book.

You could draw it by hand on a piece of paper (like in olden days) then scan it to get the hand drawn look.
I use a Wacom Tablet with pen instead of a mouse. It is much more natural for art work, worth considering if you do a lot of this kind of thing.

I would draw it in frontal projection and then fit it in place with perspective transform:

I used “Distort” tool in Adobe Fireworks CS3 but similar tool exists in any modern editor

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.