Help with jquery not working in IE10

Hi, I’m having a glitch when testing the compatibility of my site in IE10. It works just fine in FF, safari and chrome on my macs, iPad and windows laptop. But my jquery navigation menu and fancybox image gallery just don’t work.

My site is under development and seems to be just dandy on all browsers except for IE10.:

For some reason the menu bar and photo gallery, which are both powered by Jquery just dont work.

Here is my code:

<script type="text/javascript"     src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8.16/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="jQuery Sliding Flexible Menu v2/deploy/js/jquery.sliding-flexible-menu-v2.js"></script>
<script src="SpryAssets/SpryEffects.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="jQuery Sliding Flexible Menu v2/deploy/css/sliding-flexible-menu-v2.css">

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
    //Horizontal
    $("div.menu-horizontal").slidingFlexibleMenuv2({
             buttonSpacing: '1'
    });
    $(".fancybox").fancybox(
                {

transitionIn  : 'elastic',
transitionOut : 'elastic',
easingIn      : 'easeOutBack',
easingOut     : 'easeInBack',
speedIn       : '650',
speedOut      : '650',
changeSpeed   : '650',
                                    padding : '0px',
    });
});
function MM_effectAppearFade(targetElement, duration, from, to, toggle)
{ Spry.Effect.DoFade(targetElement, {duration: duration, from: from, to: to, toggle: toggle});
}
</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="fancyapps-fancyBox-2bb0da9/source/jquery.fancybox.pack.js"></scr ipt>
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="fancyapps-fancyBox-2bb0da9/source/jquery.fancybox.css">`

Anyone got a clue why this aint working in IE???

Full site here

http://www.heggie5.webspace.virginmedia.com

Cheers

Looks to be working fine in IE10. I tested it in IE10 on Windows 8 Pro and it works fine

Same here. Everything works as expected for me on IE10 in Win8

Thanks guys. I’ve noticed on my ie browser that the menu works on the other pages of my site, ie the about, work, play etc. I’ve removed the fancybox script from those pages and the site performs as it does on all other browsers. Could it be a problem within the browser that I am testing the compatibility on?

This would be the most likely explanation.
What document mode are you in?
It is possible to use the IE10 browser mode with (for example) the IE5 quirks document mode, in which case your menus won’t work.

Yes that was it, browser was defaulting to IE7 in document mode, have added code in head to default to most up to date browser… Sorted. Many thanks

I’m glad you got it sorted, but AFAIK you shouldn’t have to add any extra code to the page to make it render in standards mode.
I believe it was doing that for me and jaagare anyway.

If someone knows better, please correct me.

Can you please let us know what kind of code change you made? Because even without that it was rendering fine. I think you must have had your browser set up to render in compatibility mode which might have caused the error, but still if you could let us know what code change you made, it might be helpful and also kindly let us know the OS you were running the site on.