Help with logo design

Hello,

I’m looking for some help with the following logo design:

• EXCEL must have the same font style (while the name itself will probably change, but that doesn’t affect anything else)
  • font for “shop” is undefined, so I’d be glad for any font advises here
  • background must remain #3f5765, text color must be yellow, but can be in different shade
  • logo will be used in similar web design: journal.digital-atelier.com/2/

Apart from mentioned, the biggest problem is that “e” character. I just can’t find good font, design and dimensions for it. It just doesn’t fit. Could you help me out with that? Thanks in advance!

Hi krneki,
I think almost every font is good for the “e”, but the “e” should not have a position in line with the rest. For me it’s better when the “e” is lifted towards the top of the line to give it more accent. Also some shadow effects can be applied, for instance black for “EXCEL” and “shop”, and red for the “e”.

The “e” is just an Arial italic, 20 degrees rotated to the left. That’s 1 of the 1001 possibilities! :wink:

If you have to stick with that ugly variant of Futura I’d chose (much) bolder font for “shop” and would put “e” in a solid yellow circle. The letter would be in same font as “shop” - three different fonts is too much for a logo. Gotham Black comes to mind. Or Arial Black, why not. The circle wouldn’t be much larger than “e” so I don’t distract the kerning a lot. Either that or would make part of “s” cut into the circle somehow.

Thanks guys, so which font do you recommend for “shop”? Would you just do a full circle around “e” or a partial one, like @?

Yo whats up, i am new to the site but, i came up with this for the logo. hope you like it. it only took like 5 mins. lol
peace out…

~slider~

Hi krneki,

The character “e” doesn’t look good in the logo. It’s killing the professionalism of a logo that’s required to create the brand image. I’d suggest you to go normal “e” font you have written “shop” in.

Hope this helps!

As this thread is nearly five months old, and the OP has not returned to it since January, there seems little point in reviving it now.

Thread closed.