Help with mail link

hello!

i have mail in google chrome and i do link in my site that i am building after i save to look if it works it is open with outlook how can i open with gmail where it is.

thanks galia

The mailto: link will normally look for an app on your device to open. But it really depends on the user’s settings. If someone is using Chrome, for example, you can set it to open GMail instead of Outlook etc. But I don’t think you can force this on users. You can only offer them the mailto: link and let them decide what to do with it.

Yes, it’s a browser setting. I test with 4 browsers and when I click on an email link they ask which email app I’d like to open them with.

hello!

but if my mail is in google they will know were to send me mail and if i want it that the mail go to gmail what to do?

thanks galia.

Are you asking how to set up the link so that it will send mail to your Gmail address? If so, you need to use this format (substituting your correct e-mail address, of course).

<a href="mailto:yourname@gmail.com">link text</a>

hello!

write like that my name@gmail.com and not the Real mail and what to write in the link text

thanks galia

You can write what you want in the link text. As it’s a link to your e-mail, the most usual thing is to have something like

<a href="mailto:yourname@gmail.com">e-mail me</a>

or just the e-mail address:

<a href="mailto:yourname@gmail.com">yourname@gmail.com</a>

hello!
it still open with outlook what to do?

thanks galia

The code I gave you is so that a visitor to your site can click on the link, have it open in their own e-mail client, and send a message to your gmail account.

If, when you test that, it’s opening Outlook, then that must be because Outlook is set as the default e-mail client on your computer. The only way to change it is to change the settings on your computer.

Change your browser settings to open with your preferred email app.

hello!
So if this is so I’ll leave it at that as I did at first and thanks for your help

thanks galia