Help with Mystery Line?

Hi,

I am fairly new to coding and need an expert’s help. I just changed out a graphic on the site I manage and now there is a mystery line that looks like a horizontal rule. I cannot see where the error is on the page! Could someone please take a look at www.boojum.org? Between the logo and the header statement (the chalkboard graphic) there appears a line. Where is it in the code? What did I do wrong?

ANY help is very much appreciated!!

Thanks, Robyn

Hi Robyn. Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

In your HTML, you have this:

<div id="call_us">
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]<hr />[/COLOR]

Just remove that <hr /> bit and all will be fine. :slight_smile:

The <hr /> is the source of the line, but deleting it will cause the footer stuff to rise to the top of the page.

Robyn,

Which graphic did you replace? What did you “touch” when you replaced the graphic? In other words, it’s easy to see what’s causing the line, but not why it suddenly appeared. A clue might help.

Hm, doesn’t do that for me in testing. Are you speaking about a specific browser?

Hm, doesn’t do that for me in testing. Are you speaking about a specific browser?

Firefox 15.0.1

The page is apparently supposed to render the <hr> just above the footer.

Looks like adding overflow:hidden to the #main_wrapper in style.css should fix the problem on all pages.

style.css

#main_wrapper {
    width:1020px;
    margin:0 auto;
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]overflow:hidden;[/COLOR]
}

Ralph, what do you think? Other possibilities?

OK, yes, I see that in Firefox. (It was fine just to delete it in Chrome.) Good idea ronpat. That code certainly does the trick. :slight_smile:

Ralph and Ron,

You are my heroes!! That worked splendidly!!! Thank you so much. I apologize for not responding sooner, I have been too ill to see a screen without going cross eyed. Not good for someone like me! :slight_smile:
Again, thank you for all your help!
Robyn

Your’e welcome, Robyn. Sorry to hear you haven’t been well. Do come back if you have more questions. :slight_smile: