Highlights of the year 2012

So what have been the highlights of the year 2012 for you both in the web design/development industries and in general?

For me there is two:

• Queen’s Diamond Jubilee: She does well considering she’s in her 80s.
  • 2012 London Olympics: Three weeks of the best sports men and women in the world competing in all them sports and the opening and closing ceremonies of them.

Please note that any posts discussing either politics and/or religion are liable to be deleted.

Err… I can’t remember of anything… which is kind of normal considering that I can’t remember what I did yesterday or what I’ve eaten 5 min ago. And I don’t pay much attention to TV and so I’m not that well informed…

I can’t even think of a personal highlight! :frowning:

Now, in the international aspect, I would consider the Olympic Games to be one :slight_smile:

Don’t forget the Paralympics - they were incredible, too.

That’s a good point. They’re forgotten too often. Although I guess that sometimes “Olympic Games” is a term that includes the whole thing, regular games and paralympics

For me, a general highlight of last year was the Mars Rover landing, which I followed with great interest.
The amount of technical challenges the engineers had to overcome was simply astounding.

On a sillier note, Psy’s “Gangnam Style” becoming the first video ever to hit a billion views on YouTube was pretty cool.

I agree! It was quite phenomenal! imagine being invited all the way to perform at the white house Christmas party. :slight_smile: