Horizontal scrolling problem

I was following this tutorial to build horizontal scrolling site:

but discovered a scrolling problem. When the browser is shrunk to force a vertical scroll bar in the tutorial, and you click on a link, the whole body of text shifts upward. Its the same problem I’m facing in my website design… argh

Not sure exactly what to do. Top section (menu) is placed in “fixed” position so always stays put when scrolling weird…

Any ideas?

Hi nahchusdivad. Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

This seemed like a new topic, so I’ve moved it to a thread of its own.

I don’t get that behavior when I try to do what you describe. What browser are you using? Could you post a link to the page concerned, and specify exactly what you are seeing?

Hey thanks for the response,

I’m using Google Chrome Version 20.0.1132.47. Sorry you’re right I didn’t see it in Demo 4, but I see it in Demo 3:

http://s3.sitepoint.com/examples/sidescroll/demo3.html

I haven’t uploaded the page that I’m working on yet… I’ll see if I can get it online soon and post it here

Thanks again for your help

Oh my god I feel like an idiot that it was right there in front of my eyes… in the <head> section there was this script:

&lt;script src="includes/jquery-1.5.1.min.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"&gt;&lt;/script&gt;	
	&lt;script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"&gt;
		$(document).ready(function() {
	       $("#banner a").bind("click",function(event){
	           event.preventDefault();
	           var target = $(this).attr("href");
	           $("html, body").stop().animate({
	               scrollLeft: $(target).offset().left,
				   scrollTop: $(target).offset().top
	           }, 1200);
	       });
		});
	&lt;/script&gt;

Totally didn’t see the scrollTop part. Deleted it and now it solved my problem. Thanks anyways for your help. Hopefully this will help someone for feeling to stupid for too long =P