Hosing domain at one place, website another..seo affect?

Lets say my domain registrar are with godaddy.com, but my actual website are live at another hosting company, for instance hostgator.com
Then i point the domain from godaddy, to my website at hostgator.com
Will that affect SEO in anyway?

thank you.

No.

What makes you think that it would? It’s very common to have the domain registered with one company and the site hosted with another.

Search engines are mainly concerned with the content of your site, and how easy it is for them to access and index it. If there are problems, like the site is excessively slow to load, that might have an impact on your ranking, but generally speaking, they have no interest in how or where you host the site.

thank you for answer, about that slow time… that was actually the reason why i wanted to host my site another place rather than godaddy. And its seems logical that it wouldn’t have any impact on the SEO, every domain have to somehow point to a server. I just wasn’t that sure. After google it, read that redirect and multi domain was negative for SEO, but i guess pointing a domain isn’t the same right?

Right. :slight_smile:

Redirect is not the same thing. As far as I understand it, redirect is only a problem if Google thinks you’re trying to scam visitors by taking them to a site other than the one they expect to visit. https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2604723?hl=en

Redirecting because you’ve changed your domain name, or for other legitimate reasons, will not cause problems.

Should be host your domain in your country , otherwise google consider as a spam visitors.

What? I’ve seen some bizarre advice given on these forums, but that is amongst the most bizarre ever. :rolleyes:

SitePoint is an Australian company. This site is hosted in the USA, and I’m visiting from Scotland. Are you seriously suggesting that Google considers either me or SitePoint to be Spamming in some way?

Absolutely not. This variable is not mentioned in the google webmaster office hours publication " best practices and common mistakes in seo ". This is google publication. The link to the publication is below: