Hostbill or WHMCS with Onapp?

Hi,

Here is the proof that Hostbill do not test enough, and think all their customers are beta testers.

Here is an email they sent to all their customers :

Dear Client!
HostBill 2.x security patch.
Last night one of our client notified us about potential security threat affecting HostBill versions 2.x, which may allow to access admin area with previously stolen session cookie.

Please download this patch as soon as possible!
To apply patch please extract archive contents in your HostBill directory, or upload its contents directly to your install (there is only one file that requires overwriting).

We’re not aware of any installation compromised other than reported last night.
If you have questions or any concerns please feel free to contact us. We do apologize for any inconvenience.

Note: 2.8 version download package contains this patch by default from now on, 2.9 version that is scheduled to release next week will also contain it.

if you just perform 1 install of hostbill and 1 install of WHMCS both in the same account, you log into WHMCS using the same username as the one you have in Hostbill, then you will see : you will get log off from WHMCS.

This means for me : Hostbill just cheated on WHMCS, and this caused security issues.

Don’t use it, even if their web design is bit better in regards to OnApp… go with something without any security issues : WHMCS!

I’ve been using HostBill and they do a great job. Never had a problem, its all a matter of what you want. I’ve heard WHMCS is pretty good also, you can’t really go wrong choosing either one.