Hosting a website developed under localhost by PHP 4 and MYSQL database at the back

Suitable Hosting url. expense and step by step procedure required

I made a website using PHP 4, HTML and used Mysql Database as the data store at the back. In my website I keep a scope to user’s Sign up Which needs to be approved by admin. and it will be approved by 24 hours by admin. After approval individual can log in by their requested pass and user name. However the activities of the website can also be noticed by using user name ‘demo’ with password ‘demo’ but demo user will have few limitation. I already searched for a domain name and it is vacant but problem is that how to register and money transfer i don’t know. And also in this regards i am a probationer so your valuable experience and help required. Which type of hosting and where to host will be perfect for my site to decide that i have described above furthermore …|

For my site administration there will be a Mysql database and signed up users will have also one MYSQL database for each. also there are some folders for users, site admin, storing documents and pictures. 80% of my website I developed under LOCALHOST using WAMPSERVER and PHPMYADMIN. But I want at this stage my site should be published over internet and rest of will be developed over internet and then i will go for the advertisement of my site.
Thank you for your patience reading.

nasim,

Oh, my! Your question is VERY basic so let me try to provide some guidance:

1. You’ve apparently created a website on your computer using WAMPSERVER (which I’m not familiar with) and appear to have been successful.

2. You need to move that to a host which can provide Internet access to your visitors. That can only be done when you can pay for their services (or use free hosting which is terrible as the free hosts clutter hosted websites with THEIR advertising - NOT the way to run a website). To pay for their services, you must be able to transfer money to them and that almost always requires a credit card. If you don’t have one, you’ll need to arrange for someone you trust to pay on your behalf and reimburse them.

3. Before you find a host, the same applies to a domain name registrar. You say that you have a good domain name, then go register it so it’ll be reserved for you (renewable each year - be sure to renew or you will lose it!).

There is another thread where I give my process for finding a new host but here it is again:

[indent]1. Establish your requirements, i.e., Linux, Apache 2.4+, PHP 5.2+, MySQL 5+ and storage and bandwidth requirements. Remember to allocate for log files, databases, e-mail (attachments) and growth.

1. Know what control panels you are willing to use, i.e., WHM/cPanel. cPanel is the standard bearer for Linux systems and Plesk for Windows systems.

2. Know how much CPU time/RAM you need. If you need a lot of processing power (like Zoomla and other CMS’s), this will be a major factor. These, however, are usually specified only for VPS/dedicated accounts and automatically throttled for shared/reseller accounts.

3. Know your target (the Internet is fast but some latency could hurt so the closer your server to your target audience the better) location and try to host as close to your target as possible.

4. SEARCH (using the above parameters) recording each feasible host as well how well it satisfies your requirements and budget. Spreadsheets are good for this as you can assign weighting to the different requirements and how well they were met to generate numerical scores.

5. Create a shortlist based on the database you’ve created in step 5 then SEARCH for comments about the host (avoiding obvious shills and websites which advertise for that host).

6. The last step (other than selection) is to contact each shortlisted host with a question (I’ve used .htaccess and mod_rewrite availability, which services are managed by the host, the availability of IP addresses - you will require one for each SSL you use - or ask to test proprietary control panels - they may make life too difficult for you) and record the response time and your level of satisfaction with the response.

7. Finally, you’ll have enough information to make an intelligent selection.[/indent]

If any of these are outside your knowledge, I’d recommend that you save your money, learn some more, then, when you understand, GO FOR IT!

Good Luck!

Regards,

DK