Hosting recommendations requested please!

I’m looking for a reasonably priced (read ‘cheap’) host that will host 5 Wordpress sites on 5 separate urls. They should be UK based. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Why do they need to be UK based?
I think the key for you is to find a host that will give you at least 5 addon domains. For example HostGator will give you a cheap account, and you can have a number of separate domains for it…

But the real question is if you have current traffic? If not, then it is a decent way to start, but if you do, I would be looking for something a bit better.

hostgator.com
webhostinghub.com

these are the ones i personally suggest mate.

Looking for UK hosting because of support; it’s a pain in the **** / ass waiting for 6 / 7 hours for support to open.

There is current traffic but it’s light; 20 uniques a day on each site.

Thanks for help so far!

I’m looking for a reasonably priced (read ‘cheap’) host that will host 5 Wordpress sites on 5 separate urls. They should be UK based. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Here’s a good UK based hosting I’ve experienced - EZPZ. You could go for their senior plan which allows 5 domains for a price of £5.99/mo.

Looking for UK hosting because of support; it’s a pain in the **** / ass waiting for 6 / 7 hours for support to open.

That’s not a problem with decently sized US based companies, because they will have true 24/7 support, and definitely not a problem with a huge host like Hostgator etc.

Keep in mind though that many hosts make a difference between support and sales/billing. While support is often 24/7, billing can be 9 to 5 Monday to Friday.

I would not suggest Godaddy, because I found their servers to be slow.

You may try out any US based webhost, most of them come with 24x7 tech support.

However, if you are very keen on UK, then i would suggest [B][U]EUKHost[/U][/B]

I have had experience before, they are very good and know their business :slight_smile:

Most excellent advice everybody. Thanks!

Five different urls can be accommodated in the basic package or cheap windows hosting package. However, there are still hosting package which costs less than $10 to accommodate unlimited sites and bandwidth.

Think of trying hostgator, serverpoint, godaddy or marblehost.
These companies provide inexpensive shared hosting in a reliable manner.

Technical support from majority of the hosting company is 24x7x365 normally. Unless you have sent your ticket to the wrong department which support during office hour only.

If you are targetting or majority of your traffics are from UK, then you can stick back to UK server. Otherwise, the visitors outside UK might suffer web loading slowness.

just for support you don’t have to look a particular country hosting provider I believe, what is the guarantee a same country host will give you more better support, you might not able to reach them when you really need them may be.

Where most good host give 24/7 support via live chat, ticket etc, which are much faster and more proper way to get right support, instead of calling a company

From Hostgator i have got a very good hosting experience and they hold all kinds of hosting plans and of course, they are providing complete hosting services for all of your needs. Their plans are more customizable and can add any number of extra features by paying some little amount more. Have a look on their plans. Thanks.

I think hostgator is fair enough when it comes to support, among all other web hosts I’ve tried I can recommend that one. Though I’m still learning some stuff about alternatives in case everything else fail, i’m reading some hosting reviews which i really find helpful, but now I’m in a dilema of switching from a dedicated host to a cloud host.

i will recommend bluehost as it is fast and provide good bandwidth

I like 00webhost honestly their servers are a very fast especially when uploading content
and you can also have free hosting with them to first see how your site looks then you can load your sites, i think they are fun even for business, great per say

web hosting package packed with advanced features for hosting & building professional dynamic websites
Easy to use website builder

• Free POP3 Email Box with Webmail access
  • FTP and Web based File Manager
  • PHP, MySQL, Perl, CGI, Ruby.

i am not affiliated to hostgator but hostgator is very nice hosting provider apart from hostgator if you want very cheap hosting you can find webhostingpad.

You can get cloud server on Virpus.com. it’s best for you.

1. They’re in the US, not in the UK like the OP asked
  2. On their homepage it says ‘The Cloud is sold out at this time’ (which is a very cuious thing to say IMO, but that’s beside the point).

So why would you suggest them? :shifty:

Anyway, this thread is rather old, so I’m just going to go ahead and close it.