Hosting Website with a database

Hello,

I think this is the right section I am posting in. I just some advice on what steps I would have to take in order to upload a ASP.NET 4 website that I have created using C# with a Database. So what hosting server should I use and how I put my database on the internet. I’ve never done this before so I need a bit of help.

Thank You

Simply find asp net hosting, they will help you. upload your files and database.

Are you using MSSQL Server, or any other kind of database?

I am new to this but Yes I believe am using a MSSQL server. Is there a way to check?

Then, you will need a Windows hosting service. You will need to make full backup of your database, upload to your host and ask the tech to restore to their server. Do you have any preferred location for hosting server?

No preferred location. Any recommendations will be good.

I would recommend you to find hosting company with either DotNetPanel or Plesk Control panel. Both DotNetPanel and Plesk are very good for ASP.Net and SQL Server database.

Could you recommend a company?

HostGator also have Plesk control panel which is currently best control panel for Windows hosting. Their support is also better than other companies.

Would godaddy be a good one?

I have no personal experience of GoDaddy, but if you look around the forum, you’ll find they have a very good reputation as domain registers, but a poor one as a hosting company.

I agree about GoDaddy. Their custom control panel is not up to that level where Plesk is. I would recommend always HostGator with Plesk control panel

I am not sure but Dreamhost & Hostgator too provide windows hosting.Before buying always check reviews about them.