Hotmail becomes outlook.com

The article says the service will be available only for US users for now, but I already entered and got me an outlook.com email.
I hope the FF Webmail Notifier plugin will be working with outlook.com soon :slight_smile:

Microsoft likes to “rebrand” stuff. MSN.com became live.com which later became bing.com. Now Hotmail becomes “Outlook”. :rolleyes: It seems that instead of innovating something to make it better, Microsoft finds it easier just to give it a new name.

Also - I hate it that they keep pushing hotmail on you with windows live mail now too.

@ Cheesedude - that’s exactly what Microsoft has been doing pretty much from day one so no high expectations from there to change course :slight_smile:

Guess what, it already works :slight_smile:
I guess all that was needed was to restart FF.

They did some changes. For example, it’s possible to forward your mail to another email account. Nothing spectacular? That’s right, but it wasn’t possible with hotmail, so it’s an improvement.

Beats me why they couldn’t just do that with hotmail though (and why they had to wait 8 years to do it).

No wonder I now use hotmail. Com’s mailbox, has not to good use in that way before, was this.

Windows Live mail with hotmail email configuration is good and works well.

Did you read the article? I don’t understand what you are trying to say.

Windows Live (Hotmail) became Outlook.com ! is it really nice ?
I thinks Microsoft Corporation want to bring some change in their service and style.
And don’t know how will it. I have not got the test of it yet.

I like the much cleaner interface as GMail has gotten so bloated over the years. Anyway, they need to come up with some super appealing features to impress me because changing from one webmail service to another is a lot of work, especially you have everything archived and properly labelled.