How about bluehost

I host some webstites in bluehost, but they are offen down.

Have your meet that before?

I had my sites with BlueHost for about five or six years with almost zero downtime. They have a large number of servers and most will be up nearly all the time. With so many servers they will have an occasional bad one that has a significant amount of down time. Unfortunately it appears your account .landed on the current bad server.

Of course if you go to all of the effort of moving to a different hosting provider then the problems that server is having will probably disappear just after you are committed to the move.

I have been with Bluehost for almost 2 years with no downtime - their support staff has been really helpful as well.

Downtime was not a big issue for me at Bluehost/Hostmonster. Server performance tended to vary though, from decent to worrisome though.

Downtime can happen to any host/server.

but they are offen down.

How do you determine that they are down? Sometimes it’s your ISP that’s the problem. I suggest you try using a service like Pingdom (they have a free account too) to keep watching for downtime. Use the HTTP check, not the much simpler “ping”.

Once you have a track record of downtime, contact the host, confront them with the evidence, and ask for the problem to be solved.

With the hosts like Bluehost, Monsterhost, don’t expect to run a heavy site, otherwise, you will have trouble. Are you in that case?

I also got good service from bluehost. i never found the downtime at bluehost. they are good enough…

i never found the downtime at bluehost.

The personal perception of uptime, based on visiting you own sites daily or several times a day, will almost always be flawed. A lot of hosting customers will describe their uptime experience as “I never saw my site down”, even though in reality the site had experienced minutes or hours of downtime in the given period of time.

With the hosts like Bluehost, Monsterhost, don’t expect to run a heavy site, otherwise, you will have trouble.

They are not some kind of special case. Any host asking for under $10 for hosting will expect the customer to have low real needs, and his site(s) to have a really small CPU/memory foot print.

My experience was similar to yours. When I was with Bluehost I experienced frequent down time on a reoccurring basis. For my simple sites Bluehost was very unreliable. Out of the 20+ shared web hosting companies I have used, Bluehost has been the worst.

I’ve been hosting a few sites with Bluehost for years and never had downtime. If you do just contact support and they will clear up your server. Once this is done it’s set and forget. Bluehost is one of the better cheap shared hosting companies

It is far more a matter of which server you end up on rather than which hosting company you are with for shared web hosting. Every one of the big shared hosting companies will have one or two “bad” servers which get most of the 0.1% downtime that is the average across all of their servers. Remember that if they have 1000 servers then if two are each down 50% of the time then the other 998 have to be up 100% of the time in order for them to be averaging the 99.9% up time that is usually quoted as the minimum that you should expect.

Those complaining about ANY of the big and popular web hosting providers (who between them host a significant percentage of the web) will be those who were unfortunate enough to be on the “bad” server at that provider. The big providers wouldn’t be as big and popular if they weren’t providing the service they promise to most of the millions of people they have using their service. The only other possible cause for getting lots of downtime is if your site tries to use way more resources than the very limited amount available with shared hosting. Of course in those cases it is actually the fault of the person doing the complaining rather than the web host for their site being down so much. Unfortunately most of those who end up in that situation don’t know enough about how their own site works to be able to determine what level of hosting it really needs.

Felgall, I find it more than laughable you sing the praises of Bluehost, but the domain you display in your sig (felgall.com) is hosted by HostGator according to domaintools.com!!? :lol:

The reason that I switched from BlueHost to HostGator had nothing whatever to do with server reliability. It had to do with a bug in the way Paypal works which BlueHost did not wish to provide a workaround for.

I had problems with them , their server was down many times