How can I do this? - l

Hi,
I’m building a church website with wordpress.
I’m new in Wordpress, and I’m using TwentyTen theme for the site.

There should be pastor’s column page where pastor can write his forum everytime he’s been to camp and other congregation member can reply(pretty shorter than pastor’s) to the forum.
And I have 2 issues about this feature.

1. I want to have login panel in the sidebar, so only registered member(pastor, congregation) can write in the forum. I found the belowing code
<?php if (!(current_user_can('level_0'))){ ?>
<h2>Login</h2>
<form action="<?php echo get_option('home'); ?>/wp-login.php" method="post">
<input type="text" name="log" id="log" value="<?php echo wp_specialchars(stripslashes($user_login), 1) ?>" size="20" />
<input type="password" name="pwd" id="pwd" size="20" />
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Send" class="button" />
    <p>
       <label for="rememberme"><input name="rememberme" id="rememberme" type="checkbox" checked="checked" value="forever" /> Remember me</label>
       <input type="hidden" name="redirect_to" value="<?php echo $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; ?>" />
    </p>
</form>
<?php wp_register('', ''); ?>
<a href="<?php echo get_option('home'); ?>/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword">Recover password</a>
<?php } else { ?>
<h2>Logout</h2>
<a href="<?php echo wp_logout_url(urlencode($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])); ?>">logout</a><br />
<a href="http://XXX/wp-admin/">admin</a>
<?php }?>

The issue with this script is that I do not see Register link.
I thought <?php wp_register(‘’, ‘’); ?> would display Register link or something through that church people can register to write in that forum page. How can I make that?

1. As I described earlier, pastor can write his forum a page or two length, so current blog which keeps spreading the blog does not work for this purpose.
    So I tried to plug in Mingle Forum, but I found that’s not what I exactly wanted. I don’t want “Welcome XXX” - header (even though I can hide the header, but still) in that page. I want the page is more like normal message board page.
    What I want is
  1. If a user login via login panel (in sidebar) and goes to pastor’s column page
  2. there will be kind of message board which has all the pastor’s forum title, if you click the title, it will take you detail message
  3. User(pastor) can write a new forum or user (church member) can reply to a pastor’s forum

I hope my explanation is clear… Would somebody please point me how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

In your admin settings do you have the box checked to allow anyone to register?