I'm putting together a simple informational website for a client of mine who runs a landscaping business. One of things that he mentioned he like to be able to do is let customers pay him through his website.
Here is how it would work:
- His company cuts my grass.
- I get an invoice for $30
- The invoice tells me that I can pay online if I'd like - which I would like to do.
- I go to his website and click on a "pay invoices" link.
- I enter in the invoice number from my invoice and the total for the invoice ($30).
- I enter my information and credit card number and hit a pay button.
- Payment is processed and sent to the company and an email confirmation/receipt is sent to me (the customer) and the business.
A couple other details
-The landscape business already has a merchant account and accepts credit card payments over the phone and in person. This would just be another way to simplify the process for their customers.
-The merchant account that they have can be used to support website payments.
-The script/solution would not need to recognize the invoice numbers within a database or anything, this field would just be a blank spot where the customer fills in the number and moves on - as far as submitting the form goes, it has no important role, just for ease of tracking payments as they come in.
I think that covers what I'm looking to do. Again, something pretty basic and simple, but still secure and usable.
Does anyone have suggestions for an ecommerce solution that would provide such a basic service or an idea of what it would cost to develop something like this?
Thanks for all your help, everyone! I look forward to getting some input on this.