How can I remove the category from the post in the 2014 theme

Hello all. Happy holidays to one & all, chrismukkawanza, happy festivus, A fun Krampus…

I have asked on wp.org not heard back so am hoping that someone here has run into this.

Am working on creating a child theme off the new 2014 them. I would like to remove the category that shows up above the title in the post (see image) & date & time.
I tried to go the "inc"folder and go over the featured-content.php. But didn’t figure out what to tweak.
Anyone knows?
Thank you
D
Attaching screenshot

I don’t have much to do with WP any more, but when I did, I found it pretty easy to look at the output HTML and dig back into the theme files and work out where it was being inserted. Usually it’s pretty obvious—from the class on the container or whatever. Unless someone knows the direct answer to the question, post the output HTML code for those two items and any PHP code from the templates that you think might be creating them.

Hello Ralph!
I think it used to be a bit easier.
I just run in depth into wp this year and remember some of the earlier tutorials i used, it was a lot easier to identify the php tag and nullify it. It seems to me that things are now more compartmentalized.
will keep going trough it.
thank you
d