How can I use social media to promote my video?

Videos, as we all know, are great for getting engagement on social media. People want to share video content for a whole number of reasons, which is good for business. So all we have to do is make brilliant content and get it out there and receive a few thousand views and few thousand click-throughs, except… it doesn’t really work like that. Often social media is tricky to manage. If it’s Twitter your post disappears into the stream of traffic, if it’s Google+ users don’t engage with it, and if it’s Facebook your Page reach is often too small to make a noticeable difference. I have been using a variety of techniques to get around these problems, but what are people’s favourites? Are there techniques anyone here uses to increase engagement with video over social media?

Would love to hear your tips and tricks.

Thanks,

Stephen

You can use You Tube, Vimeo, Dailymotion etc to promote your videos. There is a option to create channels and you have to post that video on it. video sharing is a good technique to drive traffic.

hi… video sharing is better approach to drive traffic . first create a channel on you tube by providing complete information.when you upload a video on you tube than provide all information like title , description with only one url and use keywords or tags which suggested by you tube. one thing you should remember that upload your video in relevant category. after submission you tube provide a shorten link of uploaded video. use that link to share overall social sites like facebook,agryd,twiiter ,google+,tumbler etc with small piece of content .

Hi, thanks for that ryndre and fashionsappeal. It can be worthwhile using different video syndication channels. I find that YouTube has a much greater effect on traffic and views to videos than Vimeo and Dailymotion do (even combined). And what with Vimeo becoming more of an art video forum it makes it difficult to upload other types of content. Sharing channels have become increasingly less fertile for video marketing because of the consolidated strength of YouTube. It’s the third biggest social network and second biggest search engine, Google retreives video from YouTube in search as rich snippets above other players (if the videos are the same) and its the first place to go for video. Most of the traditional video syndication channels have turned away from hosting brand content and lean towards curated content instead for the reasons above. In my opinion it depends on the type of video content that you’re posting as to where to put it, but if it’s a brand awareness video YouTube wins all the time.

As for sharing on social media, I was more interested in how framing your video (in terms of copy or by A/B testing different images) or using techniques like PPC might be best used to make your simple instructional video reach the most people it can. Also I was interested in the differences between say, Google+ and Twitter. Both can share video, but the audiences are different. I like to use a combination of hashtags and @mentions to target users and audiences on Twitter, but often find Google+ to be devoid of audiences when it comes to certain sectors. It’s especially difficult for brand awareness videos where the focal point is the video content (rather than informational content). Conversely, Facebook is great for video content and can dramatically increase shares.

How do you both ‘frame’ content when you’re posting on social sites?

Hi Stephen,

I know what you mean about posts being lost quickly in all of the traffic that now appears on these busy social media sites! I personally use Twitter more than any other site - I personally don’t see a problem with re-posting tweets to avoid them being lost. Make sure you use a hashtag too so that it reaches more than just your followers as mentioned by others too - this could also increase your followers if they find it interesting! Also, check what time the most activity is happening (usually morning around 8-9am, lunch and evening when people are commuting home) and try to schedule your video update for then so that more people are likely to notice it. There’s something called commun.it which shows you who engages with you the most - you can therefore engage with them back and there’s more chance they’ll see your videos. Another one is called InboxQ - it will connect you with likeminded people / companies. This article has a bit more info so hope it helps! http://www.lucidica.com/blog/social-media/the-5-best-twitter-tools/

You can simply submit your video in video submission sites like you tube, Daily motion and other video submission sites and you can also promote your video on social networking sites like Facebook, MySpace and other social networking sites. After then you can do bookmarking for your submit video URL it will help you to increase your video visitors.

Following are the ways to promote your video by using social media

1. Get quality traffic to your video content from top publisher sites such as You tube,Dailymotion,Vimeo,etc…
  2. To be more effective on social media, you need to build relationships.For this you have to do your best to support people.
  3. You can also promote video by posting it on twitter and facebook.
  4. Send an email newsletter out that promotes the videos on your website or blog.
  5. Update your LinkedIn profile with basically the same information as what you used for Twitter as well as for Facebook.

Please read the whole thread carefully before replying. Tanglewood is not asking for basic general advice, but has posed a series of specific questions. Please confine your replies to those. General replies will be removed as fluff.

In Youtube account setting there is an option to connect your Twitter and Facebook accounts. When you add a video a link will be posted on those to sites automatically.