How did they do this?

Hello,
I want to post a custom graphic (with hotlinks) on a “welcome” page like they did here: The U.S. Army - HOOAH! | Facebook

I’m new to Facebook, so can you tell me how they did that? I notice it was a background graphic with image maps.

Thanks,

This is a custom landing tab they created for their page. You can build your own tabs using iframes and integrate with facebook’s development platform to leverage “like” and other social features as far as your coding abilities can take you.

There are a number of services that provide Facebook tabs either out of the door or customized including Wildfire and Involver as well as more you can find searching around.

That’s what I’m guessing. I tried to use the Static FBML app, but apparently Facebook is not supporting that anymore as they want you to move to iframes.

With that said, I have read that now there’s a Wordpress Plugin called Tab Manager and it does exactly what I need. What I will do is create a graphic and post it in the wordpress content creation window, add image maps using the wysiwyg editor and viola! done.

Or, so they say…we’ll find out:)

Just in case you haven’t run into this yet, there are some updates about the FB tab manager over at carr communications.
(carrcommunicationsdotcom/2011/04/facebook-tab-manager-for-wordpress-latest-updates/)

On " I will create a graphic and post it in the wordpress content creation window, add image maps using the wysiwyg editor" — did it work? We’ll be happy to hear about it, thanks. =)

Yes, I tested it and it works great. THIS IS THE WAY TO GO, imho.

Going back to this original question, does anyone know if you can input web code into a blank canvas Facebook page instead of having to use wordpress and iframes? Thanks.

Facebook now runs off of iFrames for applications.

You can not merely drop a webpage in; you can however find applications that will handle the coding and let you build pages using a site or more simplistically although that generally defeats the prime benefit of coding for facebook which is getting to use facebook features like checking if someone is a fan of the page.