How do I contact a Facebook page owner?

I realise this is probably a very basic question, but I’m not a Facebook user and I’m lost. :frowning:

I do the website for a small local festival. It has come to our attention that somebody has set up a Facebook page for this festival. That’s fine - but they’re using the festival logo (without permission) as their “profile picture” and giving the impression that the page is “official”. Is there any way to find out who owns the page and/or send them a private message? We don’t want to create any bad feelings - just to ask them not to use the logo and to make clear that they have no relationship with the festival committee. (We’ve already had a couple of instances of “but it says on your Facebook page…”.)

You should be able to send a message to the admin of the page or at least be able to see who started the group.
PM me the link if you like and I will have a poke around

Thanks Mike - it’s probably just me not seeing it, but the only “contact” details I could find was a link to our official website. :frowning:

PM on its way.

When the page moves to timeline (3/30), a “message” option will appear but until then there is not a direct way to communicate.

Thus you can either post to the wall of the page for them to contact you or use the report link to alert facebook and ask them to remove and/or merge it with your official page.

Thanks Ted.

It appears I can’t do anything without a Facebook account of my own, which I don’t want. (Without logging in, there is no message button, I can’t post to the wall and there is no report link.) I’ll have to try and find a committee member with a Facebook account to deal with it. :frowning: