How do I ensure my hidden content is found be search engines?

I am building a new web site using jquery / AJAX panels with tabbed interface to display content stored in external html files. I have been looking into the seo problem and would like to know what is the best way to ensure my content is found and indexed properly by search engines. I have read Google Web Master Central notes but I am still a little confused. Can anyone tell me explain in simple terms what I need to do. Many thanks.

[FONT=Verdana]If you’ve read their guidance on Ajax sites, that tells you pretty much all you need. Use “hashbangs” (that’s #!) rather than just # to ensure that Google can recognise it as an Ajax-generated state and not simply an in-page bookmark.

Of course, you’ve then got to consider whether your Ajaxed page will be accessible to real people, even if Google can figure it out, and that isn’t guaranteed – people using assistive technology will almost certainly struggle, and people on mobile phones might not be able to get it either.[/FONT]

Thanks Stevie. Would you recommend including normal html links to the html files perhaps at the bottom of the page as a fall back? Problem is the html files would be in plain text with no styling etc. Not sure if that’s a good idea.
I think I also read somewhere a suggestion of having a duplicate site with no javascript / AJAX. Sounds like a lot of extra work. Do I need to consider this also?