How do I get the value from the .html() in jquery?

Basically I have a form and a script that loops through all fields(inputboxes, textarea, radio buttons, etc.) within the form. One field is particularly special because I am using flexbox (http://www.fairwaytech.com/flexbox/flexbox-demos/), which is created by using a empty div tag that is defined in jQuery(function($){}). Since my script loops through all fields except the flexbox field because it is a div, I figured I could create a hidden field where the value of that div could be placed in. The script would then loop through all fields + that hidden field containing the value from the div. My problem is getting the value from that div.

Now if I did this in my code

jQuery(function($){
	    $('#location').flexbox(countries, {  

onSelect: function() {  

$('#location').html(this.value);	       

}

}); 
})

The div containing flexbox will be replaced by the value of the selected item in flexbox. How do I assign the “this.value” to a variable to be put into the hidden field?

For testing purposes, if I do

jQuery(function($){
             var flexboxValue;
	    $('#location').flexbox(countries, {  

onSelect: function() {  

flexboxValue = $('#location').html(this.value);	       

for (x in flexBoxValue){
                     document.write(x + "<br />");
                 }
		}

}); 
})

it would display a long list of properties. All I need is that selected value from flexbox, not the objects properties. Document.write(x.val) would give me undefined as well as all the listed properties.

It seems that it would be as easy as doing:

$(‘#hiddenField’).val(this.value);

Ah, Thank you!

It was really that simple…