How do I offer a coupon for those who "like" my company on Facebook (w/ new timeline)

How do I offer a coupon for those who “like” my company on Facebook (w/ new timeline)?

On the old Facebook pages, you could have a welcome tab where you prompted visitors to “like” you to gain access to exclusive content (like a coupon code). Now that Facebook has converted pages to timelines, how do I do this and make it clear to new visitors to like us to gain access to a coupon code?

Thanks for your help?

Yeah, It’s the FBML I think. I almost forgot this one. But it really helps. I think it’s not applicable in the new Timeline.

Thanks for the reply. I saw FBML is not supported anymore, but found a company that makes an app call Static HTML where you can show public html and fan html (recreating the fan gate possible with FBML). Then for a specific promotion, I just point visitors to the app page prompting them to “like” the company and get the coupon code.

I’m not that familiar with Static HTML. Can I saw the Page you talk about?

You said this a while ago.

but found a company that makes an app call Static HTML where you can show public html and fan html

Now I’m asking for the Fan Page that has the Static HTML. But thanks for the link in Facebook apps.

This is the fan page:

This is the promo page I created:
http://www.facebook.com/KistlerRods/app_190322544333196

Good job!
I’ll try this one. Is this a CSS or HTML app?

You’ll have to read more about it. I just used HTML.

I think there are apps for this, however some of them might be paid.

Could you name one or two? Thanks

I named it above. The app is “Static Html”

I use the Like to Download Button. I generated it from this site here: http://www.inboundnow.com/apps/like-to-download-app/

Just create a PDF with your coupon / coupon code for somebody to download.

Timeline has definitely changed the game on Facebook fanpages, we no longer have the option to create landing pages. All my custom tabs are all just appearing in square boxes. Makers such as pagemodo are now changing their business services due to this upgrade.

You can only post about your coupon and have appear as a highlight.

In all fairness the only people who ever saw a “landing page” were guests. One click and the wall was default… Now you have hundreds of pixels to promote your tabs where as before they were a tiny sidebar text link. More importantly over 90% of interactions happen through the feed – and that increases as you grow your following. Thus the real “issue” is fan to post visibility, not landing page messages.

The point of social, and source of the best results, are not from turning channels into billboards but from creating something with enough compelling value that people engage, share and want to act on your brand after the initial click.

Since this question was originally asked in May, I think it’s appropriate to close the thread now.

Thread Closed.