How do I post a Question

how do i post a question?
i am all over the place on this site.
help !!!
where do you go to post a new thread? is that the right phrase?
i am a newbie that is so lost.
thanks

Go to the main forum page of the subject that you are interested in. e.g. For CSS topics go here. Then at the top of the forum there is a big orange button that says “+Post New thread”. Click that button and post your thread giving an appropriate thread title name and then a good description of your problem or question and provide as many details as possible on order to help us understand what you need.

When answering questions to existing threads then just use the quick reply box at the bottom.

Is that what you wanted to know?

can’t navigate. not sure if i even sent that last reply.
feeling dumb.

i went to the forum main page. then how do i get to a css or whatever area?
there is no orange button either. this is wacked.

how do i find my way to different areas like css, html and general topics?
where do i place my posts in the appropriate place?
thanks.

There are a number of ways to navigate to the area you want.

You can use the big menubar at the top of the page and click the big orange “Forum” Link which will take you here.

Then just scroll down the page and all the areas are listed under their own headings. For example there is a main heading called “Design Your site” which has a number of sub forms all listed below. You can find the CSS forum listed under Web page design.

If you want to go directly to another forum then at the bottom of the page just under the pagination you will see a “quick links box” that will show the current forum name. Click the down arrow to open a list of all the forums that you can scroll down one at a time.

You’ve posted this question in the CSS forum (see the breadcrumb links near the top). To find your way around, click the Forum link top left.

Threads amalgamated as they seem to be asking the same thing.