How do I Remove Negative Feedback

are you suggesting to create reviews on your own business?

1. Response to these negative feedback. Solve the problem.
  2. Create multiple review pages/sites and use seo to push up the ranking, this will push away the negative pages. This is NOT necessary “posting positive feedback” to your own site, this could target keywords e.g. “xxx company reviews”, “is xxx company a scam”…

And when the person notices you removed their comment and starts a viral campaign because of it, what then?

You can’t delete the web. You can’t hide negative feedback. You can remove garbage but if it’s simply something you don’t like the solution is to fix the problem when possible and insure you’ve got enough good conversation to balance the bad… from real customers who really do like your business.

Well, this is right but it’s not easy. An online business can easily get a negative feedback and it takes 100 times effort to get a positive feedback. This doesn’t mean your business or service has more “bad’s” than “good’s”, but people tend to post feedback when they are angry and people don’t usually post feedback when they are happy. They just have to find a way to release the anger.

I fully agree to jameer post. You can only give more positive feedback against the negative reviews as lot of users and company doing on tripadvisor websites.

I guess the best way to prevent such negative feedback is to deliver a good service and proper customer care in the first place.

try to counter back with positive comments on your blog using different names. Thats the best solution you could ever get. Thats the life of business negative and positive and thats normal anyway.

Are you suggesting the poster falsely makes up good comments? If so, that’s not only completely unethical but a sets you up for a terrible fall when you get caught, and you will get caught.

If your business is good, you don’t need to make anything up. You just need to encourage real customers to chime in and the balance will show its self.

Yes, I think that’s cheating buenasmichelle. I’m sorry to say that, but that’s how I find it. Many would say it’s a clever move, but its absolutely NOT a WISE thing to do. It’s the TRUTH that is what should come out of here.

If people see your company as something “not good”, then proving them wrong should be your honest and true intention. Coming clean in the honest way, is what I think, one must do.

How do you think the poster will react if you remove [delete] their negative review?

All of my blogs are moderated. Nothing gets published that I don’t approve first.

That’s fairly common but I guess what I’m asking is where you draw a line. Would you, for example, toss out / not approve a review just because it’s negative if everything indicated it was true?

No, if you can’t stand a little constructive criticism, then a blog is probably not your best medium. I also have approved comments in a debate between two visitors. There are always two sides to every question. However, even something negative can be approached in a positive way. I’m a big believer in “you are either a part of the problem or a part of the solution.” If you are going to find fault, then state your case and what you would do to solve the problem you find. Pointing out flaws without providing suggestions on improvements is, in my opinion, just a sign of arrogance.

All makes sense to me.

Some of the posts here make me nervous as they suggest, or directly say, remove it. Not only is constructive criticism good, but censoring becomes very bad in the long run… If I post about a bad experience, that’s likely the end of it. But if I return to the blog / website and see my post is gone, you can bet I’ll find 5 other places to share it. That happens a few times, even for a small business and it will start to appear in commentary, potentially even make a few social media blogs.

Far better to acknowledge what’s happened, balance with other opinions and improve where you can [no one is perfect] than try to appear as a 5-star.

I certainly agree with all you said. And more… there is nothing wrong with an apology to an irate customer. If you messed up admit it, and explain how you will change to do better.

+1

Heck +50 :smiley:

I also had been passed from the same problem as we type company name in google negative comments appears on first page. The solution is; if other results are also your own pages then promote these pages. Also create profiles on digg, linkedin, facebook, twitter, delicious. google knol because profiles ranks fast as compared to other pages. Google give high priority to these sites. Also create blogs on different sites and promote them for that particular keyword. Do extra stuffing of that particular keyword in blogs. You can also promote the internal pages of the website for that keywords. I did the same things and it worked for me.

You said that the blog that tells negative feedback about your website or company is already inactive and been posted 1 year before so there’s a chance that you could beat that page out of the search results for your keywords.

First thing to do is analyze that page and keywords that it either directly or indirectly targets and are related to your own. Working on more of your pages SEO will help you beat them out the top ranks.

Publishing Press Releases could help you rank out that particular negative page especially if you target the keywords in each of the press release.

Making up a positive viral and collecting more positive feedback for your website can also help shadow the negative feedbacks of your website. It will naturally balance your future clients view about your business offers.

I believe that everything that needs to be said has been said here; no need to re-iterate :slight_smile:

Thread closed.