How do I unset POST values?

As the question asks, How do I unset POST values? Is there a way it can be done?

unset($_POST['value']);

It’s just another array :slight_smile:

Cheers thanks for the confirmation. I have tried that, so obviously there must be something else wrong within my code.

Thanks spike for the quick response too.

N/P

What is it that you are trying to do?

I have some conditional includes:

<?php
if (isset($_POST['createCompany'])) {
            include('companyForm.php');
} elseif (isset($_POST['companyListed'])) {
	include('createClient.php');
} else {
	include('newAdvertiserStep1.php');
}
?>

Basically the default page has the option within a drop-down on the page to allow a user to select whether they have already regd their company with me.
If a user clicks ‘submit’ (which is $_POST[‘companyListed’]) without selecting one of the companies within the list, then at the top of the createClient.php page I have this:

if (isset($_POST['companyListed'])) {
	if (empty($_POST['companyId'])) {
		$_SESSION['err'] = "<span class='error'>You need to select a company!</span><br />";
                          unset($_POST['companyListed']);
		header("Location: newAdvertiser.php");		
		exit();
	} else {
		$companyId = $_POST['companyId'];
	}
} else {
	$_SESSION['err'] = "<span class='error'>You are not authorised to enter this part of the site, please try again!</span><br />";
	header("Location: index.php");
	exit();
}

But when I test it - it redirects, but does not include the default page (to which I thought it would have as I unset the initial post var.

Hope this makes sense? :confused:

You do not need to unset the POST var as they are not maintained across requests. That is, if you use header(), you are essentially creating a new request so the previous POSTs would not be sent with it.

One thing I see is:

include(‘newAdvertiserStep1.php’);

and

header(“Location: newAdvertiser.php”);

From what I understand from your post, this is the default page for a user to go to if they are not registered with you… these are different URLs, is this correct?

Thanks for that info, I wasn’t aware of that, but I am now - cheers :slight_smile:

The

include(‘newAdvertiserStep1.php’);
is actually a conditional include contained within the main page of newAdvertiser.php.

I did try to redirect to newAd…Step1.php but to no avail either.

When I try the redirect to newAdvertiser, the section where the conditional include is suppose to be is not there, but within that main page, I then click on a link to ‘newAdvertiser.php’ and the page displays correctly WITH the $_SESSION[‘err’] echoed.

So you mean, when you redirect to newAdvertiser, it doesn’t work, but if you click a link to newAdvertiser, it does work? Does the link submit a form? What happens if you put newAdvertiser.php in the address bar?

That is correct.

Spot on!

Yes it does.

Edit:

My sincere thanks for your helps old_iron and spike, however, I think I have resolved the problem as I was trying to review the code. I was placing this code:

if (isset($_POST['companyListed'])) {
if (empty($_POST['companyId'])) {
$_SESSION['err'] = "<span class='error'>You need to select a company!</span><br />";
                           unset($_POST['companyListed']);
header("Location: newAdvertiser.php");
exit();
} else {
$companyId = $_POST['companyId'];
}
} else {
$_SESSION['err'] = "<span class='error'>You are not authorised to enter this part of the site, please try again!</span><br />";
header("Location: index.php");
exit();
}
?>

within the includes of the condition which is half-way through my script, and I believe it is a case that headers cannot be sent after any html code has been sent back. I placed this code at the top of the newAdvertiser.php page (mainPage) and it works fine.

Again, many thanks for your assistance in the matter.

I’m glad you’ve fixed it - the reason I asked if the link submitted a form, because that way the POST vars ARE sent - whereas if you use header(), they are not.

I think it was your initial assumption that POSTs were sent with header() that caused the problem (since you wanted to unset them) - either way, glad it’s fixed now. :slight_smile:

Also glad you got it working BJ and thanks old iron :tup:

No problem SpikeZ - sorry for hijacking your responses :slight_smile: