How do we get a invoice/receipt of payment from Enom?

Hello,

We moved from Godaddy to Enom right before Christmas due to Godaddys point of view to SOPA and PROTECT IP.

However, I’m wondering how people actually are able to get legal invoices that you can attach to your accounting from Enom?

I’m currently battling it with their support staff, which can’t seem to grasp that their “report” page is not actually a legal attachment for describing the expense in your accounting.

Honestly I am very baffled with the entire case, as I’ve never dealt with a company that did not issue invoices, even when you are purchasing credits for future use as with Enom.

Have anyone already been through this process?

What did you end up doing? And did you get an invoice from them?

As an aside, I find this problem with lots of companies that trade online. I often don’t get a proper, printable invoice that I can use to verify a purchase. It is quite frustrating.

Thought I would post an update in case others get into the same situation and need a “legal invoice” for their accounting.

After going back forward with their support, I finally got somewhere.

Turns out you need to send a support request to their sales department, asking specifically for an invoice that you can use in your accounting. In addition you need to list what information you want on the invoice, i.e. company name, address, company registration number etc.

A side note here, I was told when sending this request as well, that they only provide the report pages inside their control panel. But I replied saying they are bound by law to provide an invoice, and after that I received one.

One thing is certain, the next time I refill the account I will pay through Paypal, as that allows me to use the receipt from Paypal in the accounting, by just attaching it with a note what its for.

But I replied saying they are bound by law to provide an invoice, and after that I received one.

Are they? I don’t know the details of the US law. I can barely keep up with the changes in the fiscal regulations in my own country.

I know that invoices are very important in countries where VAT is being charged, being the documents used for charging and recovering VAT. I don’t think they’re that important in other parts of the world.

In most civilized countries it is a requirement that when you make a sale, you need to provide a invoice/receipt. As without that information, there is no way for someone to deduct an expense, in addition it makes it much easier for the company owner to lie, and claim he sold the product for less money than he actually did before putting the money in his own pocket.