How do you edit underline thickness?

Hi from very sunny and warm on the edge of a bank holiday wakefield UK :slight_smile:

Ok on this page http://www.pauserefreshment.co.uk/la-spaziale-s5-manual.html I want to manipulate the lenth and thickness of the text underline. Ive had most success with text decoration underline but when i use this i cant manipulate the thickness or colour.

I then used border bottom where i can manipulate thyickness & colour but it runs right across the page like a block element and not inline (hope Ive got this right)

So my question is: Is there a way to get border botom inline so it just underlines the text and does not run right across the page?

Any insights welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks aeb your solution fixed it :slight_smile:

Hi. Use border and float the element. Floating it will shrink wrap the border to the length of the text.

You can put your text in a span <span>text</span> and style the span with your border-bottom styling.

Iโ€™d actually be more inclined to use aebstracts solution (not to take away from yours Erics) but floating will need to be cared for, aka clearing the next element, and sometimes floating wonโ€™t be possible.

Iโ€™d actually do aebstracts solution to be perfectly frank with you :). Though you can do either or