How do you keep focus when working online?

All u need is concentration …and if your working long hours it is necessary to take breaks!

paymo works great.

Before clicking ask yourself “is this link procrastination”? :slight_smile:

Off Topic:

“Procrastinate now, don’t put it off.”
― Ellen DeGeneres

“I’m a big believer in putting things off, In fact, I even put off procrastinating.
– Ella Varner”

“My mother always told me I wouldn’t amount to anything because I procrastinate. I said, 'Just wait.”
― Judy Tenuta

“I can’t wait to procrastinate.”

I just have to manage my time well, make some priorities and concentrate on those things before anything else. Distractions do come around, whether we’re working at home or in the office. It’s just a matter of prioritizing your work and keep yourself motivated.

Yes it is difficult to fous but if you will use to it you will not feel anything,just complete your by focusing on it and lose all rest not important tab.

try listening to the radio. it helps me when im working online

the best way is make a list of task and do it one by one coming downwards.

I’m just making the list and separating my working time to several sessions

Well, this is great sharing on particular topic. The thing I know that keep me working online is mind. Keep an organized space. Whether you’re doing work in your office or studying at home, having a clean space can help you focus and get your work done with much more concentration.

ahh…it’s not easy, just focus!!

It’s really a matter of prioritization. At work, I manage the company website, as well as handle several online accounts. Every computer there has key loggers and other employee monitoring software installed, so doing anything other than working on the company site, or processing orders, could cost me my job. I could easily surf the web and play games or Facebook, or whatever, but I know the consequences are not worth the risk, so I don’t.

When it’s all said and done, whether you have someone you’re accountable to or not, you make the choice to either do your work, or goof off surfing the web. If you were in my position, with the real risk of being unemployed looming over your head, you’d find you had the resolve and discipline to do what you need to do. You have to find the same resolve in your current situation that you’d have if you were in mine. Maybe you’re one of those individuals with absolutely no self control and you’d do exactly the same thing working for a company with major oversight, losing your job as a result; but given that you had the discipline to study and learn about web design, or marketing, or whatever, I don’t think that’s the case.

My suggestion: set aside a definite time frame to work and treat it like it’s a regular job with an employer watching your every move. Maybe even hang a poster of the most opposing figure you can find, staring at you with scrutinizing eyes lol… Either way, if you truly want success in this industry, you’re gonna have to dig deep and FIND your resolve and discipline… Best of luck.

This is good but need some more to do like update your self with social and cyber crime and avoid to use unnecessary tool.

I fail to see how what I said has anything to do with what you said

Compartmentalize your entire job into segments.

Focus on one segment at a time and try to compete the segment without any distraction.

In this way you will not see your focus getting diverted by anything.

Glad to have read this. I’m having a hard time focusing as well.

Sometimes I get sidetracked really easy, especially when I work with my headphones on, paying some good music. To concentrate, I check frequently the tasks list and while watching the clock, estimate in my mind how long would it take to finish all of them. Very often I am behind schedule, so I force myself to work harder.

My biggest motivation is the picture of my girlfriend as my wallpaper… lol

I admit, sometimes it is not easy. For me closing email client, disabling IM, and putting headphones with some inspirational music works best.

You have to assign time for your business and for recreational stuff, first accomplish your task because there is a great joy of accomplishment!

First of all create a list of to do’s for today…then implement in serial order according to their importance