How do you print envelopes?

Does the laser printer have a second tray? My laser printer has 2 trays, tray 2 is the main one (holds about a reem of paper) which is used for general printing, tray 1 is used for small print runs, one off jobs etc and has guides for holding envelopes in place. Does your laser have a similar tray to the tray 1 on mine?

I know, but it’s personal preference to have all paperwork, including envelopes, looking crisp, clean, and professional.

What little I’ve read written by “expert” marketing people is that things like this help generate confidence in your customers when a company pays attention to details and pursues excellence in all aspects of the business.

Plus, I’ve dealt with companies as a consumer that had ratty looking documentation and that usually meant the products and services are ratty as well.

Yes, I think it has a place in the back to put in a second tray and when I go to print there is an option to print from a second tray.

Only problem is while the laser prints neatly and it prints straight…the heat from running across the drum rounds or curves the envelope and the edges of the envelope has a wrinkled look to it which I didn’t care for.

Anywho, whoever said they use a simple entry level ink-jet printer to print envelopes may have the right answer. I think maybe I need to try something other than HP cause I’m seeing alot of bad reviews on this brand.

So…what’s a good entry level ink-jet printer that also does copies and can do fax? (may as well get these features in case the laser printer ever gives up the ghost or needs to go out for service er something…it’s always good to have a back up ya know)

How about the Epson Stylus NX420 ?

Is Epson a good brand of printer? I never owned on, but the Epson Stylus NX420 can be had for less than $100

I found a review (not sure who wrote it, maybe some sales guy working for Epson) at http://store.apple.com/us/questions/product/H1411LL/A that says “I just printed a #10 envelope with no problem; you’ll have to specify paper type as “envelope” when printing, the same as you’d do with any other printer. The technical specs on the Epson website say that it can print on #10 envelopes, bond paper envelopes, and plain paper envelopes. It can hold up to 10 envelopes at a time.”

So, it sounds like it may do OK.

How about the EPSON WorkForce 520 Color Ink Jet All-in-One (C11CA78241) ?

Found that for $79 at Amazon.com

This this would be a good one? As long as Epson is a good quality brand…???
Some of the reviews are sayin it’s an ink hog though…

I’ve got a EPSON Stylus SX510W and am extremely happy with it. The color precision and overall performance is absolutely brilliant, much better than the 3-times more expensive models I used to have (by Canon and HP). Whether it’s actually good for what you intend to do with it, I haven’t a clue. I’ve never tried it. I’ve printed some artwork with it and used various paper formats though and they were pretty darn good, no, tons better than the more expensive printers I’ve had in the past.

Is it an ink hog, or do the ink carts last a while?

I’d just be printing #10 envelopes in black and white text, so does the paper tray have guides that can be reduced to hold envelopes?

Yes, the tray can be modified. You have two trays, one at the front and one at the back.

As for ink, I don’t know. I bought it a few months ago and so far the ink status hasn’t shown much of a decrease. I’ve printed quite a bit in full color.

OK, cool. Thanx… Most all the reviews I’m seeing are positive and I’m not seeing claims of this model being a ink hog.

I’ve had several HPs, and the first one I had was great and lasted like 3 years and started acting up. I had to go to another HP model since that once had been discontinued. I’ve had trouble with other HP ink-jets (my HP laser has been working great for over 2 years now) and I think I’m ready to try another brand.

Does the EPSON Stylus SX510W come with Windows 7 capability?
I mean has the Epson software been “certified” for Win 7?

Someone else’s got to answer that one as I’m on the Mac. Microsoft says it’s compatible.

Oops, sorry. Thanks for the link, I’ll check that out.

I’ve been researching and I think I may go with the Epson WorkForce 320 Color Inkjet All-in-One which can be had for $68 on Amazon.com

It is pretty new from Epson and it has good reviews…

OK, scratch that one…it’s not listed on the MS site as being Win 7 64bit compatible.

But, the Epson WorkForce 520 Color Inkjet All-in-One is listed and that’s only $79.99 at Amazon.com

I’ve also dealt with individuals bragging about their professionalism, only to find out their “envelopes, looking crisp, clean, and professional” cover a scam of some sort :wink:

Plus, if you are so concerned about these envelopes, you could also try custom made ones. By professionals :slight_smile: I’ll bet you’ll end up paying less, with better looking envelopes.

And window envelopes are the choice of numerous companies and individuals especially for their crisp, clean, and professional look. World wide.

Now, these are advices from an experienced IT professional: me. I’ve been making choices with paper prints since the matrix printers. I’ve designed software for printing in blank spots for fill-in documents, official inter-companies reports, even envelopes. And I managed to do so using even lame matrix printers :slight_smile:

So, when I make a point, I usually have some notions of what I’m talking about, that’s all. Take it or leave it. Just stop pissing on people that are trying to open your eyes and provide you with viable alternatives.
OK pal ? Since you keep bringing up innuendos in your comments, you’ll most likely end up shooting your self in the foot.

Thanks you for understanding that in the future :slight_smile: Good luck.

Hey, hey, let’s all cool it off. We all do our best but it is up to the Original Poster to take that advice or not. Maybe he has good reasons that we can’t think of not to take it aboard, but counsel is always appreciated it :slight_smile:

And we’re not going to argue about printers, aren’t we? I mean that other kind of debates are more exciting, in my opinion, of course :smiley:

My problem with OP was precisely that :slight_smile: He should learn to do just that! Gracefully accept or dismiss counsel.

But even if you think that he didn’t gracefully accepted/dismissed your counsel, this thread will be read by others and they may take it into account :wink:

That’s the best thing about forums :smiley:

Just because advice is given, am I obligated to use it even if it’s not right for me and it’s a personal preference situation (non-critical)???

I think people that give advice shouldn’t be so full of themselves and big headed to believe others MUST accept their advice, and acceptance is MANDATORY.

Not allowing others to have their own opinions is selfish and is a heavy handed attempt to control others. People like this are pathetic and I have no use for them at all.

A big part of getting along with others is to remember we all have a free will and it’s not right to force our wills upon others and talk trash about people that don’t accept what you say as being the gospel truth…

Obviously, noonnope doesn’t have alot of people skills…so, I’ve had to put him on ignore since I have no use for his kind.

I know that I’m going to answer to a question that needs no answer whatsoever but… no, of course, you aren’t obligated to follow any counsel that’s given to you… but people have done an effort to help you, even if we didn’t manage to give you a solution that works, and that should be thanked and appreciated, me thinks. :smiley:

@KM Richards, I don’t think that’s what molona was implying. There isn’t one way to do something. noonnope gave you his advice and explained his reasoning. That doesn’t mean it’s the only way to go or that your approach is wrong, it’s merely a different perspective offered which is what molona reiterated, if I understood her correctly. Advice that needs to be followed is oxymoronic.

^ Thanks Maleika, I think that your explanation is better than mine :smiley:

Yes, thanks for making an effort.

But, I think you missed the part where noonnope said he was going to “teach” me some stuff just cause he’s an IT guy (like he’s never screwed up and he’s perfect and knows all).

Then he gets all mad cause I didn’t want to use his suggestion…he’s clearly bigheaded, arrogant and likes to try and control people…maybe he needs to run for public office :lol: He’d fit right in…