How do you respond... and do you respond to new FB likes?

Besides my personal page, I manage a small “community page” on Facebook for a group of dog lovers who get together once a week to exercise and socialize our dogs. Likes are growing slowly but steadily and I don’t really expect them to reach even 100 so it’s a small page. If it gets too big, we’ll have to find a new location to exercise our dogs anyway! :smiley:

Today I was notified of three new likes. How do you make new “likes” feel welcome on your page? Do you send them a welcome message and let them know what is available for them on the page or do you do nothing?

What is the appropriate FB etiquette in this situation?

I’d say you don’t need to do anything.

New folks who want to participate tend to chime in on their own.

We have to respond to those who come and visit our page and likes our product and message.In this way we have to realize then that we do care for them and we appreciate their arrival.Actually business needs an interaction with your visitor and users and force you to build a strong relation ship with them.So we must appreciate any one who comes and likes our page with compliments.

I think a lot of people think of liking a Facebook Page as subscribing, so I won’t say any action is needed on your part.

If you ever decide to try to grow the Page (or that personal Page), I think a good way to generate likes is to handle it sort of like a blog, that is, regular updates that are appealing and try to keep them consistent.

I’ve also found that big jumps in likes come from getting posted photographs tagged, because it starts to get the Page appearing on new people’s News Feeds.

And also promotions that revolve around asking users to “like” seem to work too. Like there was a movie website I worked on that promised to release a new trailer if they crossed x number of likes and it worked beautifully.

In my experience,I preferred saying a simple “thank you”. If he/she will ask for something about your product/service,that’s the time I’ll start talking.

There’s no harm on saying thanks to those who are new. I think they’d be grateful and they’ll feel like they’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Hm, I think I’d find it annoying if I got messages every time I “Like” something—and it would put me off Liking. If I press the Like button, I can expect to see updates from the “liked” site in my what’s new list (or whatever it’s called). That’s enough for me. It just means that I wan’t to track what’s happening on that page—not that I want to be smothered with love.

That’s my response, anyhow. :slight_smile:

I agree with ralph, user likes the page because he liked the content and wants to see more of this sort next time. Responding to this Like activity could be annoying to user. Better not to respond and rather generate more unique and interesting content as a response to the Like…

Thanks, (also to @ralph_m ; ) that is what I was wondering… if it would be a good thing or an annoying thing.I don’t want to spam people and lose them right away. Just wondered as long as it’s a local group if I should recognize their interest. However, you are both right. Just because they like my page, doesn’t mean that they want to hear from me. Ended up I had about half-a-dozen new likes. It was great that the new people showed up at the dog social today and that’s the important part! :slight_smile:

Perhaps, as part of your posting, you could acknowledge the Likes, so that people at least know you appreciate it. That might be a nice balance. :slight_smile:

I thought about that, but have never acknowledged the “old” likes. Maybe best is just to post something about how happy I am to have the total number that we have along with something about increased attendance at our weekly event.

Sounds reasonable, Linda. :slight_smile:

Frankly speaking if someone has liked your posted content you should thank him or her. By just saying thank to those people you can respond.

You could mention that person and then thank him/her if you are getting fewer likes and if the numbers are too large then you could leave a general thank you message. Probably you could add some encouraging message along with thank you so that they come back and visit your page.

I do that, but this isn’t about them liking my post or comment, it’s about new “likes” for a community page.

Its totally depend on opposite person what they response after that i decide what to do.

I do have a fan page account that is related to business services. And everytime I get a new likes I do mention them on my status to welcome and appreciate their effort in liking my page.

That is good to hear! (Hear?) :slight_smile: Are you getting any positive feedback from your mentions or do yo believe your mentions are encouraging even more likes?

It was a good debate to read… Thoughtful discussion going on…

Better not to say anything. It’s understood that they are welcome in the community. But if they post something or ask something then that’s the time to say something to make them feel that they belong :slight_smile: