How do you respond... and do you respond to new FB likes?

A generic comment such as “our page is growing, we have now so many likes… thank you to all of you” should be sufficient furthermore when this is more a social thing and not a business.

Now, business want something else… fidelity and, of course, the money :smiley:

The normal approach would be to thank them in a more personal way… although, like Ralph said previously, if you received a private message saying thank you for every like you clicked that would be a pain in the…

The regular approach in these scenarios comes from providing content that’s only visible to fans.

It could be a little note on the screen saying “thank you” right away when he already clicked “like”

Most of the time is quality content in regular basis that only fans will see, or offers, or contest or whatever… This is more usual than a direct thank you (and it will keep them visiting your page often, of course) :stuck_out_tongue:

@Shyflower ; I do agree with @ralph_m ; that it is very annoying for most Facebook users to receive a Thank You message for every page that they like and it’s going to be worse if the message comes from a list of templates.

Here’s a suggestion that I think will give you opportunities to connect and understand more about your fans without being intrusive. For fans who have enabled the Subscribe feature on their Facebook profiles, you can actually add them to a dedicated private Interest List that only you have access to. Of course, you can subscribe to their profile or even add them as a friend but often times, this will quickly clutter your news feed with posts that you don’t really care about.

When you have time, just visit the interest list, scroll through the posts, get an idea of what your fans are into and jump in with a relevant comment or like from time-to-time. If you’re lucky, they might ask a relevant question that you can feature on your Facebook Page. This gives you a pulse on your first 100-500 community members which will definitely help you in determining the direction of your community page.

However, if your page has tons of fans already, you can tone this down by only adding those who frequently interacts with your content.

I learned this tip from a social media manager who is managing the Page of a local online retailer with about 50k fans. She setups and maintains well over 10 interest lists (influencers, evangelists, whiners, etc.) that are related to the retailer.

What do all of you think? Is this too much? Haha… Thoughts appreciated! :slight_smile:

@Eugeanne ; Do you mean mentioning them on your personal profile? As far as I know, page admins can only mention other pages in their statuses but not personal profiles.

I’d be interested to know more about that. I have no idea where to look for that functionality.

Thank You for another wonderful piece of information I can tuck away and check out!

I personally respond to “new” likes with a simple “Thank you” and that it is if I have time. If I am in a hurry, I don’t do anything really. :slight_smile:

This is definately a good suggestion

You should be able to find the list on your left sidebar once it is created. None of the person’s updates will appear in your main feed. :slight_smile:

Thanks Wayne!

Well, this is a good question which should not be omitted when building your brand through social networking sites. It is a good manner to say “welcome, how are you, thanks for joining” to all new followers as it build up trust and makes sure the follower is not left on its own.