How do you set up a Facebook Photography download utility?

Hi from very wet wetherby UK :frowning:

My question is please… “I’m a wedding photographer and came across this facebook utility where you get to download your pics, here is the url - http://www.facebook.com/boothrevolution. But how do you go about setting one up. Ive tried in vein contacting facebook but no joy”

Here is a screenshot -

Any insights welcome :slight_smile:

Its insane… ive spent 2 hours Googling “How to set up password protected photo galleries in Facebook” and got no where fast, time to hit the red wine me thinks, when i find out I’ll post back :slight_smile:

I don’t think you can set up a password protected gallery in Facebook.

I doubt Facebook allows you to create a password protected gallery.

The best alternative would be to make the gallery private and share the “public link”.

Thank you for all your replies, regarding “I doubt Facebook allows you to create a password protected gallery”…

Heres an example of a facebook photography site that does have password protected photos: http://www.facebook.com/boothrevolution its ingenious and i want to emulate this for my self, you have to like the page before access than you have to enter a password to access a folder, this type of set up is must for any photographer wanting to tap into social media marketing, but how the bloody hell you do it i dont know but when i do I’ll post back :slight_smile:

from the source it looks like a javascript. Will move this thread to that forum.

Hi please help??

How did you get on with this query? I am trying to do the same for a schools prom where there are privicy issues due to children in pictures.

Flicker is rubbish and dropbox doesnt do what i want. Password protected gallery on Facebook is the obvious route especially as its so popular.

Any help or advice you could offer would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Mike.

No Progress I’m afraid… but thats down to other priorities butting in. But i contacted www.smugmug.com and they say you can do it via their software. But ive not tested it.

Its pretty frustrating somethimes when you see something but cant get solid advice, the challenge of learning i guess.

It is a custom Facebook App. Called a “Fan Gate” or “Like Gate”.

You can check out pagemodo.com, it looks like it will build the “like” part for you. It’s what creates the tab named “View Your Photos” on their facebook page.

It looks like the one for Booth Revolution is a customized (probably paid for) version of that, sans the usual advertisement at the bottom.

It is then using a link back to the boothrevolution site at boothrevolution.zenfolio.com

This then is using AJAX/JSON and .Net for password authentication.

zenfolio.com seems to have a trial period to try out the service, or you’ll have to pay for it.

If you host your own photos then you’ll just have to password protect your pages on your own.

If you really, really want to go your own way then this article seems to have a good start in the right direction on building the Fan Gate part: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/like-to-unlock-how-to-build-a-basic-facebook-fan-gate-without-paying-for-hosting/