How i become a professional online freelancer

Hi, i have a question.

How i become a professional online freelancer?please give me some useful and effective advice by which i can grow up myself a professional in this field.

is there need any course or it is self learning technique? i want to know in details.

Shahid001

A freelancer in what? Which aspect of online work are you interested in?

@ TechnoBear

Hello,

actually i want to build my career in freelance marketplace where i can grow up by varies kind of aspects specially in SEO, graphic design, web design, article writing, Technical assistant, virtual assistant.

i expect from you something valuable, useful and effective advice. Thanks.

Shahid001

You’ve listed a huge array of skills of which it would take you a long time to truly master. There’s little need to start that broad… focus in and specialize. You’ll do far better and have a much easier time marketing yourself.

Second from the style of your posts I’d suggest that first place you should start is on your own communication abilities. As a freelancer you are both the executor and the salesman which means being able to build the trust & confidence necessary to land and keep clients through messaging, tone and as you put it “professionalism”.

Next is of course your actual skills. There’s no shortcut here – you have to learn and to a degree master whatever it is you will freelance in. What should be a function of interest and innate ability rather than what may be the most profitable; for example if you’re strong at creative you’d lean towards design.

Take on free projects, low paid projects, whatever can get you hands on experience and a real portfolio / client list. When you get there come back to us and we’ll help with the next phase.

@ Ted S,

Thanks a lot Sir.

i am really satisfied for your advice. your advice help me understanding and planning my career and success. i hope we will meet later and share each other
to proceed.

Shahid001

Hi Shahid, Ted has answered everything you need to focus on. There are several things that help you learn online. Blogs of famous designers like David Airey and Jacob Cass are good starting point. Hope you get some inspiration and help.

And by all means, watch some of the freelancing sites as the jobs get posted and see what people are wanting. Some freelance sites don’t mind you offering to do a test project at no charge for clients you hope will use your services. This can be a great way to start meeting potential clients. Even if you don’t make any money initially, it will give you experience and contacts.

Hello friends!

Thanks for sharing ideas for my solution.these are helpful for me to proceed.

Shahid

Hi shahid!

I think it will take a long time to be specialized in these categories of becoming a free lancer. It is a step-by-step process. Try to follow ted’s instructions as these are the best solution of your question. I suggest you to strong your research terms.