How I can change color of taskbar in minized window during chat

blinkOnNewMessage: function(dateObject, userID, userName, userRole, messageID, messageText, channelID, ip) {
		if(this.settings['blink'] && this.lastID && !this.channelSwitch && userID != this.userID) {
			clearInterval(this.blinkInterval);
			this.blinkInterval = setInterval(
				'ajaxChat.blinkUpdate(\\''+this.addSlashes(this.decodeSpecialChars(userName))+'\\')',
				this.settings['blinkInterval']
			);
		}
	},

blinkUpdate: function(blinkStr) {

if(!this.originalDocumentTitle) {
			this.originalDocumentTitle = document.title;
		}
		if(!arguments.callee.blink) {
			document.title = '[@ ] '+blinkStr+' - '+this.originalDocumentTitle;
			arguments.callee.blink = 1;
		} else if(arguments.callee.blink > this.settings['blinkIntervalNumber']) {
			clearInterval(this.blinkInterval);
			document.title = this.originalDocumentTitle;
			arguments.callee.blink = 0;
		} else {
			if(arguments.callee.blink % 2 != 0) {
				document.title = '[**** ] '+blinkStr+' - '+this.originalDocumentTitle;
			} else {
				document.title = '[ New message!!!] '+blinkStr+' - '+this.originalDocumentTitle;
			}
			arguments.callee.blink++;
		}
	},

Hi friends, I want to flash taskbar when user minimized window during chat.
I have above code which simply change the title name but i want to change the color also of taskbar.
How I can do it??
Please help???
Thanks in advance…

I don’t believe any browser allows you to control the taskbar apart from IE9 but its control is still very minimal

You can show an alert message, which will cause the task bar indicator to flash.

But paul, How???
Explain and modify in given code…
Please
Thanks in advance

and yes one more thing…
If i put alert box then it flash properly but in this way user has to close this alert box again and again with every message appears
Only thing what i want now that automatically close the alert box as soon as it appears…
That’s it…
Can anyone tell me how i can do this???

Nope, that can’t be done. You can make the web browser taskbar icon flash, but only by showing a message window of that nature.

ok but i want alert() only when window is not active but it gives alert always.
I try to use window.focus() and window.blur() to check whether window is minimize or not but I couldn’t.
Please help me whether is it possible to check window is minimize or not and how???

I don’t think that it’s possible to determine whether a window is minimized or not.