How I choose the title keywords?

Hi,I want to build a new web,the keywords are:PP woven bags,PP woven fabric, now I got one questions:

I used Google keyword tool, the results of these relevant and similar words:
Keywords Competition Search volume per month
PP woven bags 0.68 8100
PP woven fabric 0.64 2900
PP woven 0.56 18100

PP woven, this word is lower competition and big search volume, however,it is very broard.
Moreover,I searched it in Google, search results are PP woven bags,PP woven fabric,polypropylene woven bags,polypropylene woven fabric,etc.,
but most of competitors don’t use “PP woven” as the title of hompage.

My question is: Can I use “PP woven” as my keyword for homepage title?

It is advisable for your home page meta title to be general. It must include the general terms of your services or products that you are offering.

In other words, a decent formula ooks as follows:

[Your Primary Main Service or Product] - [Other Products or Services ] | [Name of your Website].

Make sure your home page meta title is not more than 67 characters.

Concerning your question, Yes you can use any kind of title you want just make sure your home page meta title is kinda covering the purpose of your website, services and pages. Keep your users in mind first then please the search engines.

Hope that helps!

The Kings of Knowledge have a bit different opinion about the maximum number of characters in the <title> tag. :slight_smile:

Some Google results:

But also:

My question is: Can I use “PP woven” as my keyword for homepage title?

I should say something as for instance:
[INDENT][name of company] : Recyclable Polypropylene (PP) woven bags and other fabrics, worldwide deliverance.[/INDENT]

• So the search query “Polypropylene woven bag” as well as “PP woven bag” can give results.
  • It is not about making unique keywords, it’s about what the surfer will type as search words! Some are used to the technical abbreviation PP, others not; you want both, I guess! :wink:
  • In the description <meta> you can tell something about what you do with it: is it a shop somewhere (where?) in the world, or a webshop, or both?
    Is it a range of standard products for sale? Is it a factory making them, a wholesale business, or is it directly selling to individual customers?
    Can they be made on demand with a certain print on it (1 ex. or at least 10.000 ex.)? Etc.!

That’s absolutely right. And it demonstrates how useless it is to rely on this kind of information from self-styled experts.

The fact is that there is no magic number. To say that the title should be “less than 64” or that “70 is best practice” is rubbish. A title should be as long as necessary to give a quick idea of the contents - and no longer. It’s true that search engines will disregard any text that is beyond a certain number of characters, but if you reach that number, the chances are that the title is already too long.

Really, this is no different from a headline in a newspaper or a chapter title in a book. The main thing is that it tells the reader what the content is about, without them having to spend an undue amount of time reading it. Focus on that - and forget about arbitrary rules and counts.

Mike

If your title is well written to tell the reader what the content is about but cannot be displayed on search result pages, how good would that be. The title length is important, and the quickest way to know it is to make a quick search to see the number of character in titles displayed by your search engine.

Search your marketing, your target community, target countries etc, I think these things can give a good idea how to chose a good title for your website.

Your web’s title should be independent from your competitor’s title. You should focus on your product, services and at last website name.

Title tag is not only about keywords. It’s about how compelling it is in the eyes of casual users. First you should ask yourself what is the most compelling keyword among all. You can add some actions words to it.