How is it possible that healthy people can get cancer?

Paella is a one pan dish made with rice and varied ingredients. Safran is often used in it. But the dishes vary, depending on the region.

Paella made with Snails is luscious but it is becoming something of a rarity even in Spain. I don’t know whether it’s to do with the price of Snails or because people are becoming squeamish about what they eat. Unless of course it’s a commercial burger which tastes like wet cardboard ( I love the description: Contains Meat) and then goes on to say Beef some %) So what’s the other meat?

Tell me about it, all grease-cardboard sells well seems like :smiley:

I do not know why snails are not eaten as much. The collecting of them might have become too expensive. Maybe pesticides have killed them off. Maybe they can not be farm grown. But snails in garlic butter are something delicious :slight_smile: We used to collect them in the open woods.

Actually, I’ve never seen snails in paella although I have seen them as dish (with garlic). I think that the reason that snails are not so popular is due to the price… Finding them it is not easy, and the last years have been extremely dry (even for Spain) and then, we’re loosing the practice of eating them and we’re becoming squeamish! At least, I do.

Can’t be too squeamish with octopus, though. Love it!

Yep. I love them too :slight_smile:

Me too and Squid. I always think it is fascinating to cook; 1min underdone and it’s like rubber, 1min overdone and again it’s like rubber; but get it right; fantastic especially when cooked with crushed black peppercorns and coriander seed. Mmmmm, my mouth’s watering just thinking about it. :smiley:

Absolute beggars come “round up” time. :rofl:

[FONT=“Georgia”]I don’t like squid; too tough, like chewing that black siding from around car windows (not that I ever did that :shifty:).

I was trying to find something about rancid oils, free-radicals and oils passed their smoke-point, but instead found another interesting feature about them. Check it out…

Good Eats - There will be Oil

[/FONT]

[FONT=“Georgia”]As you describe it, I think I did eat paella before at a sea-food place. Didn’t know it was Spanish.

The mussels were great.

[/FONT]

Well there is more cancer now in human history then ever before. You can thank the following things

1. perservatives
  2. fosil fules
  3. arasol cans
  4. medication
  5. bio engineered food
  6. growth hormones
    etc.

You can work out, eat right, not eat tv dinners, and still get cancer because if you live in a urbanized area you are a victim of your enviornment.

have you tried fried squids? healthy and crunchy!

[FONT=“Georgia”]That’s calamari, right ?

Yup, I ate that once without knowing what it was. Yeah, it was good.

[/FONT]

Cancer treatment,
Recently nanotechnology done a great work in the cancer disease, the nano science treatment is permanent treatment for cancer.

one of the reason is that cancer is genetic. When one from your family had a history of cancer there is a possibility that you may inherit the disease. So, you should really to take care of your health and it is also advisable for us to have a regular checkup at least once a year.

How similar is Spanish food to Portuguese? I’ve been to Portugal and ate a bucketload of calamari, fish, chorizo & buttered bread. All washed down with wine, gorgeous!

I do love Paella though.

And going back to commercial burgers, in the UK, fast food burgers must be “100% Beef”. Of course. “100% Beef” means it just came from the cow. Where on the cow, who knows?!?!

[FONT=“Georgia”]If it tastes good, who cares ?

[/FONT]