How is this done?

Take a look at http://www.thismanslife.co.uk/

How has he done it wit the footer background, the background and the round circle a litle to the right from the middle just placed where he wants.

If you view source code and cody it to dreamweaver you see he has different picture.

Anyone knows?
Please tell me.

You mean in the header, I think. :slight_smile:

It’s just a semi-transparent PNG image. It’s quite large, and is just centered on screen. The circle is off center in the actual image, making it off center on screen.

How does he have multiple BG’s?

And another question. Let’s look at this.

<p class=“maintext”> Ralph.m is supercool </p>

I see on tutorials, people put p.maintext { } , why not just do .maintext { } instead of specify the paragraph before the class?

You can do this with CSS3, but in this case, he just has a single bg image on various different divs. In CSS2, you can have one bg image per element, but you can have as many elements as you like. If those bg images have transparency, they will create the effect you see there.

I see on tutorials, people put p.maintext { } , why not just do .maintext { } instead of specify the paragraph before the class?

In most cases, the p is redundant. It might help with specificity (to override other rules on the same element), or if .maintext is used on other elements as well, like <ul>, you may just want a special style for when that class is applied to a <p>.

Ah thats true, Thanks raplph. :smiley:

im pretty sure thats a java tool, cant remember where to go though, sorry mate!

What?

I think he meant to say that the slideshow on the page you linked to utilizes Javascript.

I didnt mention anything about that?

He maybe wanted to increase his posts.

He may have thought it was an answer to the question. Anyhow, seems like this issue is resolved, so let’s close this out. :slight_smile: