How long did it take to get your first sale?

My online shop has been up for about a month now, I had AdSense set to 10 dollars a day and still not getting one sale =(
how long did it take for you guys to get a sale after launching your e commerce site ?

I get the first sale after a month

after a few months of affiliate marketing, I finally made a sale (not my products - just advertised products through aff. marketing.)

Still i am lacking in selling via internet. but learning day by day. i hope i ll surely get one sell in this month end.

I was so frustrated when I didn’t have any sale yet I guess it is normal that it takes some time even with adsense to get a sale

Well its normal,
i took me 15 days and lot of advertisement to sell my first travel package but it feel’s best when u make your first one.

i got my first sales after a week. but remember that your sales depend on the marketing strategy that you use in promoting your offer.

There are too many factors that can affect to your success. Competition being high, the truth is that selling is not easy. But you should also wonder yourself what can you do to smooth the process as much as possible and the look of your site. Maybe you’re sending the wrong image to your potential customers. You need to make sure that you understand what your customers want and how they want to buy it.

maybe you need to test products

That would depend on what you sell. My first website was a Groupon-type of a website, selling discounted services locally. I got my first 5 sales on day 2 after the launch. We had a good offer and people were buying. Anyways we had to close down the website 6 months later due to financial reasons. Everything was going directly to finance ads.

Everything depends on a product you sale. I do digital products myself.

Once I spent several months developing one of my products and received the first sale after a week from the launch day. It was actually the only sale I made that time…

I now prepare a short sales page on a product home page with opt-in. Try doing some social marketing and pumping expectation together with development. As soon as I launch I have several early-birds ready to buy or test and then spread the word.

Anticipation and buzz – my key principles.

Well with my web hosting business. I got my first client/sale on the first day I launched. Which really surprised me as I wasn’t expecting a client so soon. The client is still with me 10 months later.

Chad

it depends on the product which you are selling…

As I am doing well with my web hosting business and i made my first sale to the very next day of launching.

It took me not quite two years to make my first sale, and it was not on my web site. It was on eBay. If I could find a way to sell from my website, and duplicate what I did, I will be the happiest man in the world.

Besides marketing strategy you should take care of your product’s quantity.

I used the free platform sales , two years received 30 inquiry , but one without success , it is really frustrating .

I think you should wait for some more time to go

The OP never came back, so I guess he lost interest.
Thread closed.