How Long Does it Take to Deindex a Site?

In case i want to deindex my site for some reason, how long would it take to get it deindexed? and what would be the most appropriate method to deindex it? Some times robot.txt doesn’t really seem to work effectively. So i would prefer alternative methods, if any.

Once a copy of the site is stored in the databases of the search engines, there’s not much you can do short of removing the site and waiting. Or you could redirect the domain to some other resource so that people can’t visit the old content … although there are some services that may be keeping it on file in some archive that people can access if they choose.

It will only take short time to get de-indexed if you use google webmaster tools.

or you can do a simple way, for deindexation is simple put noindex tag to the root directory and other subpages! On the other hand , if you have a dynamic website , change the file and directory permissions!

You can keep new pages of your site from being indexed, however you have to deal with pages that are already indexed that may take some time to be deindexed.

[FONT=verdana]

It will only take short time to get de-indexed if you use google webmaster tools.

or you can do a simple way, for deindexation is simple put noindex tag to the root directory and other subpages! On the other hand , if you have a dynamic website , change the file and directory permissions!

I agree that all of those methods will help. But none of them is instant. You might still have to wait many days or weeks - possibly months in some cases - before the site disappears.

Mike
[/FONT]

Shutdown the website or point the domain to some other website. Next time when bots will try to crawl your website and if they don’t get the old content then automatically your website and its page would start getting de-indexed. It’s a time consuming process but all your data will be wiped out from search engines.

All search engine bots got a unique user agent name. You could check the user agent and generate appropriate status code. I guess that would do.

From my experience Google can delete your indexed website within 2-3 days, and the best way to do it is via google webmaster tools