How many are now using Windows 8 today?

I have equipped my computer with a Windows 8-ready Asus Motherboard a few weeks ago. Of course I’ve heard the supposed bugs and glitches of W8 and many are complaining. I presumed that it is fixed (at least half of the errors) today.So I want to know how many of you are using W8 today? Will you switch to this new OS? It got these cool touchscreen based apps (I’m thinking it is made for the sake of mobile phones) that I can’t ignore. I’m currently working on Windows 7 Ultimate and I’m tempted to switch to this new OS. But I’m still having a dilemma about it.What do you think?

If it’s for testing, why not partition your drive and run both?

Windows 8 is great! I use it on my PC. There are a few things in it that makes it stand out. The touch based apps system is partially one of the perks. It has a fast window boot and shutdown. Also, Windows 8 defencer is so strong that it does not allow any malicious file to execute on the PC. This is a major plus point as antivirus software tend to take up most of the RAM and slows down the PC’s performance. Having an inbuilt strong defender is the best thing in Window8

Or set up a virtual machine–it’s less destructive than re-partitioning.

I’ve been using windows 8 on my 4 year old pc post using vista and it has given this (relatively) old girl a new lease of life with no hardware changes and still runs a good section of games being released today. Using vista was like choking your PC to death slowly, over a very long time.

Still, I’m interested to know what you mean exactly by ‘problems’ W8 is supposed to have? I don’t follow much of the hardcore windows news so forgive me if I’m ignorant, can you give a few examples?

The main “problem” was the radical UI change for desktop users–there is no way to access the standard windows desktop, access the start button, apply the windows classic theme, or have more than one application open on the screen at a time. All this basically crippled power users and business users. The only way to get the standard windows desktop back was to use 3rd-party tool “hacks”.

Hopefully, Microsoft will address all this in the Windows 8.1 update coming later this year.

oops sorry i cant use window 8 but i use window 7…
i like 7 because there no need any driver…
it find it at own

I have Windows 8, I’ve had it ever since they first allowed us to Beta test it.

I’m looking forward to Windows 8.1, should be a pretty nifty improvement to Windows 8 :slight_smile:

Gotta pull you up there Force Flow - if you click the Desktop from the Start Screen you get a very normal Windows interface, and you can use all your regular apps as you always have.

Have you actually used it for more than 5 minutes?

In that case I’ll wait for Windows 8.1 just to be safe. Well thanks for the replies here. Now I know what to expect from this new OS.

I do with my customers and I can only say that Windows 8 is a pain in the… especially when configuring VPNs and networking which sometimes you have to do in two different places.

And one of the things that I really miss is the easy access to the list of printers and devices which is something that you can’t directly search on the search box… I only got to find it through the control panel.

There are one or two things that I do like but… I don’t see the fuzz although, of course, Microsoft needs to keep on selling and at least they did try.

Edit: Still, you’re right. One of the windows at the starup will lead you to the classic Desktop but it is not always obvious furthermore when the picture the represents the desktop changes with every single one of the profiles created in the computer

I haven’t done any of that VPN stuff Molona. I’ll take your word for that :slight_smile:

If you hit the Windows button on your keyboard and just start typing printer - check the settings icon the appears on the right of screen. Is what you’re looking for in there? (If you just start typing on the Start screen it’s like Spotlight on the Mac)

It’s not perfect by any stretch, but it’s not nearly as bad as all the hate would suggest either. I’ll be happy if you can boot straight to the desktop in 8.1

I found the Windows 8 are use on personal computers including business and home desktops,tablets, laptops and home theater PCs. This is the current release of the windows operating system and it has mixed recession to its performance improvements and security enhancements.

I think I tried that and it didn’t work but right now I can’t remember. I eneded up searching for the control panel and from there clicking on the devices and printers link.

ai ai I feel ashamed! I am internet Marketer but still use Windows XP!! I have plans to buy a laptop with Windows 8. Looking forward to use it.
At home I also use my Ipad3. But to be honest I have to buy a new desktop as well because changing from Windows XP to 8 is a very complicated affair. So better to buy a new computer!

Use VMWare workstation and create a virtual Machine of Win 8. Its sux though like 7 better, if i have to move away from 7 i would go Linux. Just my thought

I’m planning out in buying Win8 in the next few months but I am still doubting whether that OS is way better than Win7 or my most favorite yet they have stopped support - Windows XP.

I’m also planning out for buying Win8 very soon but I am still doubting whether that OS is better than Win7 or my favorite yet they have stopped support - Windows XP.

Am still with W7 .I think I should use W8 .I heard that it has better boot time and other amazing features that would people love.

So may be better for me to delay buying new computer and remain on windows XP and wait until wondows 9. ?