How many keywords can i use on my site?

I just put on my site many meta keywords , thats good for Google or will banned my site ?

Holy moley, that’s a lot of keywords. Google is unlikely to ban your site, even though you’re clearly spamming, because it pays no attention to the keywords tag. Most other search engines are the same. Any search engine that does look at the keywords tag will probably ignore yours, because quite frankly it’s ridiculous. They keywords tag was developed to allow authors to specify the top (“key”) words for the website, usually about ten. You’ve got over 1300 keywords, although that includes lots of duplicates, lots that are variations on different phrases with the same words in a different order, and lots that are completely irrelevant (‘flowers’, ‘bus stop’, ‘George’, ‘greek gods’ are four that leapt out at me but there are loads more) – seriously, if people are searching for flowers, bus stop or greek gods, your site is going to be of absolutely no relevance to them at all.

If you are going to use the keywords tag (I really don’t see the point, given how little benefit you will get from it, but it’s your choice), be sensible about it, and pick out the top ten or so words (not phrases or sentences) where you would want your site to appear in the search results.

Thank you

Meta tags are mostly ignored by search engines these days mainly because of spamming. But having your most relevant keywords and a good meta description won’t hurt either.

Meta desc and meta keywords are not considered by Google, but few other search engine do. However, search engine will never ban your site for excessive use of the keywords. It is important to target only few main keywords (2 or 3) per page. The keywords to be reflected in the title, url, h1 and anchor text in the page.

Not completely true - Google does look at the meta description. It doesn’t consider it much/at all in terms of where to rank the site, but it does often use it as the ‘snippet’ of text in results pages, so it is well worth spending a bit of time to get the description right.

Hi,

Keyword stuffing is not a good thing if google crawls the site in that case Google can bann the site or it can put it in Google Sandbox from where it will recover in 6 months or may be more than that.So stuffing too many keywords can ruin your site besides this you can make your keywords look in a more natural way. Then it would be fine.

Thanks!!!

It ‘s a lots of keywords. Google will bane your site . Because you are clearly spamming. You can give limited relevant keyword. It is important to target only few main keyword such as 2/3 per page. Keyword have to be reflected in the anchor text, the headline, URL, title in the page.

Keyword density in and of itself is becoming less and less important with more and more people searching for longtail phrases. A lot of the time, you’re better off targeting an 8-word phrase and mentioning it once than you are targeting a 2-word phrase and mentioning it 10 times, since the competition is lower and the phrase is more targeted.

I don’t think so, it is clearly spamming man.

google can’t banned your site for the reason of keyword load. Actually it’s not effective way to get position in search engine. You should choice keywords which low competitive & high search-able phases .

If you would ask me about the number of keywords on your site, i would say you must target one keyword on each page. This way, you can optimize your website in a better. This way, you will be able to keep a consistency in your meta keywords, meta description and the targeted keyword on your page.

If you ever wonder if meta keywords have any effect on searches then make some abstract keyword(s) and put t in there and once indexed see if you can get it to come up in searchs. Then you can decide the value of using Meta Keywords!

Sorry but that’s nonsense. The whole point of the meta description tag is to allow you to give a brief summary of the page, which can then be used by search engines and other systems. Using it for its intended purpose is entirely fair and very sensible, not in any way spamming.

Google supports following meta tags:

<meta name=“description” content=“A description of the page” />
<title>The Title of the Page</title>
<meta name=“robots” content=“…, …” />
<meta name=“googlebot” content=“…, …” />
<meta name=“google” content=“notranslate” />
<meta name=“google-site-verification” content=“…” />
<meta http-equiv=“Content-Type” content=“…; charset=…” />
<meta http-equiv=“refresh” content=“…;url=…” />

Apart of them, Google can read both HTML and XHTML-style meta tags, regardless of the code used on the page.
With the exception of “verify”, case is generally not important in meta tags.

dont waste your time on the keywords metatag, though i believe yahoo and bing still somewhat still support it/consider it but I know google doesn’t bother with it as it was spammed to death (i don’t know for sure about yahoo and bing because they send so little traffic i hardly ever read up on their workings. my bad i know) in any case, Stevie gives excellent and correct advice the description tag is very important as that’s what will appear in the serps, so you want to make it both accurate, succinct and appealing to whomever is looking around and considering which link to click on and site to visit.

of course the Title tag is probably the most important on page seo factor so use that wisely, indeed. and those words in your tag need to be in your text too. and keyword density is no longer of much importance, very limited indeed - so write for your reader, with some seo ideas/overview in the back of your mind

The answer to this question is simple: one. A single web page should not be optimized for more than one keyword. Of course, that keyword can consist of several words, for example “buy inexpensive golf shoes”.

If you have optimized one of your web pages for that keyword (it’s actually a key phrase) then you should not optimize the same page for other keywords.

It’s much better if a web page is highly relevant to one keyword than somewhat relevant to many search terms. If you concentrate on one keyword per page then it is much more likely that your web page will get a top listing on Google for that keyword.

I agree, it’s hard to get a page to rank well for more than keyword phrase.

Excellent advice, although one that people will often abuse when looking at long-tails.

Ideally, your main content will cover one thing well, but there are a lot of people who will build an extra thousand pages for a hundred page site so that they can cover every instance of a keyword phrase (i.e. “cleaning services in [city]” for every city in the country). Most people who believe in this technique tend to have never actually read the Chris Anderson book on The Long Tail, nor do they really understand why it works in certain areas (i.e. economics) and not in others.

What do you mean?